04 vs Cotch Rocket

ellis4

Established Member
Yesterday afternoon when I was leaving work I happened to get stopped next to a yamaha raven R6. The road we were on is a dead straight 2 lane road with no turn ons/offs.

I took off from the light fairly quick to see if he would bite, gave it more gas than I would have normally and I saw him get into his tuck and his headlights rise.. Game on. I pedaled the rest of first as the 315 bfg drags don't like first gear, hit second hard and hooked it. He never started creeping on me, and by the time I got to ~125 I had a solid gap on him 2-3 cars. I was shifting @ 6 grand because the car runs out of fuel pumps.

I can't wait to get my tax return and put some GT pumps in this thing and be able to pull to redline safely. And to get another tune with more timing :)

Mods:
KB 2.2 and all supporting
KB bap and pegged stock pumps
Kooks lts and o/r x into a mac catback
fidanza 4.3 and steel flywheel 26 spline
bfg 315 drags on 10.5 reps
19 psi on a Fat tune with light timing
585 rwhp and 520 rwtq.
Full weight down to the spare.

Digital

Established Member
Good kill, average rider on a 600cc bike most likely, that's easy prey for a 600hp cobra.

ellis4

Established Member
Cotch rocket... Self ownage / iPhone ownage. I don't have a "real" keyboard to type on.

Was fun though, one of the only things that has been worth posting about.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I'm on an iPhone myself, I understand man. Just giving you a hard time, nice kill though bro

19935.slow

Established Member
Sounds normal to me. Good job man. Get the pumps in. Before I went turbo I had a vortech in my fox and had to shift at 4900 rpms, it sucks comming out of boost liek that. Could have put another linx bus on that bike.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
good kill...always fun hunting crotch rockets....R6s are one of the slower 600 in terms of straight-line speed...dont really start pulling until WAY up top in the rpm range. With an average rider, you should never have an issue with them...now, on a road course and twisties, they are insane....unbelievable handling

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Always cool to beat a bike. I walked a Ninja 250 but thats not saying anything compared to a 600 and above. :kaboom:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill OP! I'm sure he thought it was going to be a different outcome. Some of the bike owners are cocky, though i've owned a ZX6 and ZX7.

Swaie

Established Member
Beating bikes is fun...I beat a dude on his Harley...He was pissed!!! Newer 600's still pull me on the top though!!!

Last edited:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Good kill OP, dosn't get much better when you kill a rice rocket.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
At a redlight I stayed ahead of a R6 until 4th gear in a 308rwhp Mach 1 with 4.10 gears and 315 DRs in the rear.

Good kill

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I've raced one crotch rocket from a 30 roll.. and we were neck and neck till about 130 when he backed out of it.. not sure the size of the bike though..

2.8" pulley, RWTD tune and Magnaflow catback..

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
^ Yea a dig is a trick pulled off fairly easy at the start holding them off till +130 is the trick.. Even a 1k bike if the car can hook up w 550 600 whp. The last guy I raced for 100 so he was trying w 30 ppl watching.

Users who are viewing this thread