04 Viper Wants To Race?

Get Ready

Established Member
A friend of mine just traded his 03 Zo6 in on a new 04 viper. His Vet ran 12;02 stock, When I was stock my best time was 12;9. After I added the following mods, Cai-highflow cats with xpipe-catbacks-rwtd tune and bfg drag radials ,And of course 2.76pulley with idlers. Dyno numbers 468/493. We raced several times it was close but,I won. So know he wants to race for a Months worth of gas. Which he can afford. I would like nothing better than to beat a 80,000 car. So should I let him keep giving me a hard time, about how fast he is. Or would you go for it. I checked the viper sight. If what they say is true Iam a loser.

n2fords2003

Established Member
I put 3+ cars lengths on a stock 04 viper at a 1/4 mile strip.. I was bad for him and I only made 452hp on a mustang dyno.. I have a 3.0 upper, 4 pound lower, exhaust and a chip..

If his car is all stock, you might be able to take him.. Tell him you just want to race for fun and if you win, you can really ride him hard :rockon:

MY 03 L

Established Member
Originally posted by Get Ready
I checked the viper sight. If what they say is true Iam a loser.

pullied cobra >>>>> stock viper

get some nittos and go from a stop!!:thumbsup:

bunk22

Established Member
Just for an example, my last two trips to the track (Carlsbad--yucky track), there was a brand new Viper still with the tags running. Granted it still needed some break in time but on street tires, he was running 13.0-13.1@110-111. I was running same times but at 112-114. I think he eventually ran a 12.7@113 but we never got to run. In general though, I was running a little bit higher mph. May have just been a bad driver though, on both our parts.

vipergts281

Established Member
Your car at the track is an 11 second car if you get traction. I'm not to up to date on the new Vipers, but I'm sure with a good driver it is in the high 11's......maybe 12.0

Should be a good race. Any small screw up on his part and he is done. I say go for it and race him.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Both cars are capable of putting up a 120+ trap speed at the track. Whoever hooks better will win. If you run on DR's and he is on street tires, he won't have much of a shot.

Street tire to street tire would be interesting.

JT

Shanezam203

Established Member
Re: Re: 04 Viper Wants To Race?

Originally posted by MY 03 L
pullied cobra >>>>> stock viper
that is amazing. my neighbor has a newer body style Viper. I'd love to be able to pull on an $80,000 sports car. Good luck on the race man. Hope you get some gas coming your way.
:beer: Shane

Get Ready

Established Member
MY girlfriend intendes on video tapeing .. You pay for gas event as he calls it. And I call it you wasted 80,000 dollars to go fast. Hard times both ways makes it even better.

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
a stock 04 viper should run 11.7's with a good driver on street tires

i call a drivers race

NTIMD8