04 svt cobra 150 compression results.

cobra-k

Established Member
First of all im new to svt. I recently found one i liked and had a compression/inspection done. The compression test was done at a ford dealership. They told me that it looked excellent and that all cylinders came back at 150 psi +\- 5 psi. I figured that seemed a little low. Im not sure if they had did it cold or warm or not im assuming cold. What do you guys think? The car only has 9000 miles on it ...

cobracide

Established Member
Miles? Usually the cylinders are not all the exactly same and 150 is sort of low. Ask them for the EXACT numbers. The good news is that they are all close it seems. A leakdown test would be better.

Last edited:

cobra-k

Established Member
Yeah i thought it seemed low to and yes the cobra only has 9000 miles on it. Personally i dont even think the dealership did it right. But they told me it looked good that anything between 140 n 160 is good.

xXSnakeBiteXx

Established Member
There are variables that can effect cylinder pressure during a compression test, I wouldn't stress over the number. The important thing is consistency, by that I mean pressure variation between cylinders. If the readings on all cylinders were within 5psi +/- of 150psi I would agree with ford, that is an excellent result. That aside you had the test performed by a professional, and the motor has 9,000 miles on it. I wouldn't sweat it.

cobra-k

Established Member
Thanks alot guys. Makes me feel better having input by enthusiasts. I just drove 7 hours to the place to check the car out first thing in the morning. And the reason why i figured it was cold test is because the milage checked in and outta ford was about a 3 mile difference i had the guy snap me off photos of the invoice and besides a wheel alignment the car looks great!

murked99cobra

Yeah...im slow
Established Member
Consistency is what matters. Mine read low like that but everything was close. Had another place do a compression test and got it up to 160. Could be the gauge too. I wouldnt worry at all. Buy it!

Users who are viewing this thread