04 Snake didn't want to play :(

BPLS1

Established Member
I was on my way to work from school i was just cruising and what do i see, an 04 cobra :banana: :pepper: :banana:. it looked and sounded Bone stock it even had paper plates on it. I finally found a stock one that will actually be a good run because the 2 other Snakes that wanted to play had an easy 420-460rwhp and destroyed me. i down shifted 2 let him know i was game but he did nothing :cuss: we just paced each other for a while but no one ever punched it and then right when i was going to punch it on his ass i see traffic :cuss:. My exit for work was coming up so i got off and i was disappointed. I was wondering how i might do against the mighty Snake in Bone stock form. I think it will be a very very good race. From a stop i think i will have a advantage over him. How do u guys think my mild bolt on LS1 will do against a 03-04 CobrA that is Bone Stock

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
4.10's and good exhaust etc. like in your sig. If you are a good driver (which you probably are or you wouldn't mod your car) then you would beat him without to serious of an effort. But if you made a mistake that Cobra would getcha.

maddrabitt

Established Member
Was it maybe the fact that its been pouring rain here in SoCal for a week straight and even if the rain stopped for a minute the roads might still be a wee bit to slick? Not flaming, just trying to figure why he wouldn't go...

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
Was it maybe the fact that its been pouring rain here in SoCal for a week straight and even if the rain stopped for a minute the roads might still be a wee bit to slick? Not flaming, just trying to figure why he wouldn't go...

Are you in the Corps? My brother is and I have spent a couple summer's with him. We used to live down off of college.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I would think that you would win. Even more if the dude didnt wanna race which might mean that he's new to a fast car and doesn't know how to drive yet.

slvRsrpnt

on my 5th 'stang
Established Member
i'm your huckleberry. :coolman:

lol. but seriously, i would think from a stop light to stop light race, you have the traction and gearing advantage. i also think on the freeway, bye bye ls1.

BPLS1

Established Member
maddrabitt said:

Yeah i know. This Rain is a pain on the Ass. It was around 10:30am so it wasn't raining yet. I work at Infiniti of Montclair. There was even a tornado watch in Ontario CA 2day :poke:

BPLS1

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
I’m bone stock, near your area and would love to play.

San Pedro is kinda far from where i live. I live in Baldwin Park near West Covina. I was born in San Pedro it is kinda nice over there at least some of the parts. Maybe we can Play Someday :coolman:

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
It was probably new man LOL it had paper plates! Anyways race another stock Cobra if ya can find one and let us know what happens, you have some mods there.

joegt38

Established Member
Still think the Cobra gotcha, well atleast if he can bang them gears, hes got the power to get ya.

SVTspeed

Established Member
paper plates... maybe it was new and wanted to take it easy till he got his miles over 1k or 2k.. maybe he didnt wanna go hard since the car was NEW!

BPLS1

Established Member
SVTspeed said:
paper plates... maybe it was new and wanted to take it easy till he got his miles over 1k or 2k.. maybe he didnt wanna go hard since the car was NEW!

Yeah it was new, it still had paper Plates on. Either way that is the only Bone Stock Snake that i encountered so far and we couldn't Play. I am trying to give up Street Racing for good since i got into an accident racing a 02 WS6 :bash: But i would have went at it with the Snake Though

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
street racing is pretty stupid IMO, but testosteron gets the best of all of us at times. i made a promise to myself to not race on public streets again after i got my first ticket about a couple weeks ago street racing. but i can see myself doing it on a highway where i see no one around and just up to 100 or so. and the car i'm racing would have to be definently worth it because if for some reason a cop were to get me i wouldn't want to be racing minivan lol. but as of now i'm leaving it at the track because anything can happen on the street, just like your accident BPLS1, you wrecked cause you were racing, but it can happen to anyone.

Cahill00SS

Established Member
get the TR224 Cam and LTs u have in you sig installed and stock one's won't be a problem ;-)

ScottsMach03

Established Member
with just your few boltons, he would have took your lunch money.. Get the cam, and gears and it would be a different story.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Ive seen stock cobras dyno 360-380 to the wheels, thats alot more then 390 at the flywheel. More like 420 at the flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread