04 Mystic paint on ebay

Friendchicken

holy... I'd pay for 3pints at $100 per, however it would cost me 3-4k for prep and painting...

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Well that might be a close duplication but the exact I highly doubt. Being a proud owner of a 96mystic myself, I know the paint is extremely difficult to get. I must show title proof that I own the vehicle before I get any paint work done on the car. Furthermore, Ford sends out a special team of people to paint the vehicle and dispose of any left over materials. Quite the process.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Actually i was told thats they why they like this paint cause it can go down the standard paint line. Matter of fact I think if you check out svtoa or the svt.com i think they even talk about getting over those old problems cause of the great advancements of the paint. Sounded like a sales thing even to keep from anyone shying away. I havent looked at this one on ebay yet though. If they are using ford picks and mystic logos be interesting to find out more

tommygun

Established Member
BASF made the 96 color and he kept saying Dupont for this one, so im not sure if this is the real deal or just a remix

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Well surprisingly Ford didn't go with BASF on the 04. They did go with DUPONT. The paint on the 04 is going to be exclusively for 1000 cobras. There is a copyright on this chromaflair so I highly doubt that the paint on ebay is the same mystichrome paint on the 04's.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
Well surprisingly Ford didn't go with BASF on the 04. They did go with DUPONT. The paint on the 04 is going to be exclusively for 1000 cobras. There is a copyright on this chromaflair so I highly doubt that the paint on ebay is the same mystichrome paint on the 04's.

Exactly, This douche is just trying to make a buck off the mystichrome name.

By the way, he says 1000 coupes and 1000 verts. He's wrong. It's 1000 total. You think if he knew so much about the paint he'd know the production #'s correctly.

Hope no-one falls for this dick's scam.

Rog

tommygun

Established Member
I didnt know if ford went with dupont or not, now i know. thanks for the info

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well maybe we should all ask the seller questions and piss him off with ansers he has none of. I hate to see a fella cobra or mustang owner get took

Users who are viewing this thread