04 Mustang GT Brake upgrade

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes on the car. I'm not looking for anything top of the line. Just a good rotor/caliper upgrade that isn't priced way outta range. I don't do any road course and I'm only at the strip once in a blue moon. The car is an everyday driver. Anyone have any ideas?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
id just do the 03/04 cobra brake upgrade. You can get the fronts for around $300 i believe. Ive seen people run them on the track with race pads and supposedly they hold up pretty well.

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
id just do the 03/04 cobra brake upgrade. You can get the fronts for around $300 i believe. Ive seen people run them on the track with race pads and supposedly they hold up pretty well.

That's probably what I'll end up with. Just wondering if there was anything different out there.

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
One more question......I checked with "Buy ford racing parts". I'm getting mixed answers on whether the cobra/bullit/mach calipers will bolt right up to the stock GT caliper brackets. Anyone know?

STG

Banned

Your dissertation isn't very clear. Did you test a GT, then replace the brakes with Bullitt units, then replace with Cobra brakes?

If not, the comparisons are worthless. Further, you did not indicate if the distances are for one stop or after a series.

I think you compared a Cobra (with larger tires) to a GT.

I love posts like yours. Tons of worthless internet data.

P.S.: Cobra/Bullitt/Mach brakes are INDENTICAL except for color and exterior design.

Lad30nyc

Established Member
One more question......I checked with "Buy ford racing parts". I'm getting mixed answers on whether the cobra/bullit/mach calipers will bolt right up to the stock GT caliper brackets. Anyone know?

To run the brakes the fronts bolt right up, that special bracket kit that is for sale on there is to mount the REAR calipers to car. the fronts bolt up no issue

You will also need new rotors to run cobra mach or bullit calipers- 13" rotors to be exact.

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
To run the brakes the fronts bolt right up, that special bracket kit that is for sale on there is to mount the REAR calipers to car. the fronts bolt up no issue

You will also need new rotors to run cobra mach or bullit calipers- 13" rotors to be exact.

Yeah, I got that much. I was just told that the fronts had to have the bracket too. I knew the rears did. Thanks for all the info. I ordered the new calipers last night.:beer:

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
Fronts do need the new caliper brackets. but everything does bolt right up. the rear though is a whole nother story.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Just upgrade the rotors only on the rear.

Next mod i do is brakes, hopefully a cobra r kit for front.

EDIT, cant believe you can get the pony ones (same thing like everyone said) with rotors for only 300 bucks! I might just have to do that instead.

I guess if you put cobra on it, it costs more, lol.

STG, what are you running? everytime i see your sig poc i noticed the large ass rotors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread