04 MC Cobra vs New C6 Vette

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Finally had my first run in with the newer vettes today on my way to work.

We were merging onto Rt.78 up north NJ and he was in front of me, guess he saw me behind him. As we merged, he shot around the car in front of him and gave it some gas...I followed but instead moved directly over to the fast lane. As soon as I got near him he gunned it. I had it in 3rd and nailed it. I easily passed him and he stayed around my back bumper.

After slowing down back to normal speeds, he got along side of me and smiled, and put his finger up and motioned that he wanted to run again. We went from about a 55-60 roll, I was in 3rd again, and we went. He got just a slight, slight jump before I was ready but no biggie.
Anyway, I almost instantly jumped about 1/2 to a car in front of him, and well, up to a very high speed, I maintained that lead.

He slowed down and asked me what I had done, then told me he was stock. We waved and went our seperate ways.

I was happy. Just intake and exhaust for me. And a just filled tank of gas haha.

Oh here is the pic I was able to snap with my phone after we slowed.

071407_19521.jpg

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
redfire03 svt said:
nice run, you would have raped him if you were pullied.

Yeah well I finally got my long awaited bonus check from work, so plans are upper and lower pullies, HE, xpipe, and possibly stage iv port.

bunk22

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Yeah well I finally got my long awaited bonus check from work, so plans are upper and lower pullies, HE, xpipe, and possibly stage iv port.

I highly recommend the stage IV port job. As others will attest, it makes the car an all together different beast.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Bunk, yeah I really am itching for the port, just have to make sure I have enough money left after buying my other goodies, not just on the car either haha.

OdessitPashka

Established Member
AirForce Hemi said:
Damn. Good kill. I didnt think an I/E Cobra would pull a C6 that easy. Make me want to go for a hunt now. lol

I wouldn't expect this outcome every time, especially at higher speeds.

Nice kill, BTW.

Common

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Finally had my first run in with the newer vettes today on my way to work.

We were merging onto Rt.78 up north NJ and he was in front of me, guess he saw me behind him. As we merged, he shot around the car in front of him and gave it some gas...I followed but instead moved directly over to the fast lane. As soon as I got near him he gunned it. I had it in 3rd and nailed it. I easily passed him and he stayed around my back bumper.

After slowing down back to normal speeds, he got along side of me and smiled, and put his finger up and motioned that he wanted to run again. We went from about a 55-60 roll, I was in 3rd again, and we went. He got just a slight, slight jump before I was ready but no biggie.
Anyway, I almost instantly jumped about 1/2 to a car in front of him, and well, up to a very high speed, I maintained that lead.

He slowed down and asked me what I had done, then told me he was stock. We waved and went our seperate ways.

I was happy. Just intake and exhaust for me. And a just filled tank of gas haha.

Oh here is the pic I was able to snap with my phone after we slowed.

071407_19521.jpg

LOL, I ran the same exact color vette on 78 westbound, guy in his latte 30s with a big PBA badge in the windshield, BTW, he did a similar thing to get me to race as well.
Same guy?...No way....what are the odds.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
stroker22 said:
LOL, I ran the same exact color vette on 78 westbound, guy in his latte 30s with a big PBA badge in the windshield, BTW, he did a similar thing to get me to race as well.
Same guy?...No way....what are the odds.

Hmm it might have been. I was heading east when I raced him (to work), but you might have caught him going the other way. Definitly guy in late 30's I was thinking too. Hmmm....what time? Was it the same day?

If it was the same guy, then that is too funny.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Bunk, yeah I really am itching for the port, just have to make sure I have enough money left after buying my other goodies, not just on the car either haha.

Dont do a lower without the port, the heat is insane...

Then again, I'm running an unported 2.8/4lber in florida summer heat.

Users who are viewing this thread