04 Mach1

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Congrats!!!!!! I know they are making Orange a new color(Marlon is getting one of those"you most likely know that") Sonic Blue is no longer available...not sure about all the other colors Uncle Jimmy.
Again...Congrats!!!!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Sonic Blue was not available on the '03 Machs....

Competition Orange will be available as a new color...Screaming yellow will replace Zinc Yellow...and Ford is rating HP at 310...

More info at www.Mach1Registry.com...

I knew that Sonic Blue wasnt on the Mach 1...see...its the 03 Cobra Terminator in me!!! Man..I can see me getting mixed up on alot of this stuff ....my mind is going fast....too much useless info in there....

HotRod(I need a beer)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Torch Red Mach 1 soon....5 speed

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
2004 Mach 1 Order Codes:

P42 = GT/Mach 1 Coupe body code
145A = PEP (preferred equipment package) code
AW = Interior Trim Code (Dark Charcoal Comfort Weave Leather)

2004 Mach 1 Paint Codes:

CX = Dark Shadow Grey Clearcoat Metallic
CY = Competition Orange Clearcoat * (New for 2004)
D3 = Torch Red Clearcoat
D6 = Screaming Yellow Clearcoat * (New for 2004)
L5 = Azure Blue
UA = Black Clearcoat
Z1 = Oxford White Clearcoat

2004 Mach 1 pricing (MSRP) & options:

$29,445 (includes destination & delivery charge from Ford)
$345 for the optional Interior Upgrade Package, code 18G
$815 for the optional automatic transmission, code 449

That's it. Get your orders in early. Ford is telling us that 3% of all 2004 Mustangs can be Mach 1's, just like in 2003.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Changes for 2004

From Ford's online Media Press Kits...

The 2004 Mustang has reduced wind noise thanks to expandable foam seals around the body, particularly the outside door handles and belt moldings on both doors.

For 2004, both V-6 and V-8 engines have improved refinement with stiffer accessory drive brackets and improved bearings to reduce variability.

Horsepower
Mach1
manual 310 hp @ 6000 rpm
auto 308 hp @ 5800 rpm

Torque
Mach1
manual 335 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm
auto 323 lb-ft @ 4750 rpm

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Harry i wished u got the screaming yellow :(

Well Larry didnt help the color choice :nonono:
:D

Damn more hp & tq. What could they off done to the motor to get more out of it? Free up the exhaust or some thing?

Zate

Established Member
i am willing to bet they didnt do anything at all.

the mach1 makes more than the advertised 305/320. Hell chris's made 281/303 bone stock.. thats definately more than advertised.. and i made 272/290 stock.. again works out ot be around what they are claiming for 04.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks for the info LB

Poisonous....I am getting the slow 03 Mach 1 :D and it was going to be Zinc Yellow then .......then that Lightning Larry Red just had too many votes to pass on it.

I did see a Zinc Yellow 03 Mach this past Saturday here in Jersey....looked reeeeaallll sweeeeet !

Hot Rod(Maybe I should order an Orange 04 Mach 1)Harry
I just hate to wait!!!

www.HotRodHarrys.com

HotRodHarry

Established Member
When will the 04's be out???? I heard production was to start on my 40th Birthday!! Sept 29th......if so...how long does it take to get out of the factory and to the dealer?

Harry

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Harry i wished u got the screaming yellow :(

Well Larry didnt help the color choice :nonono:
:D

Damn more hp & tq. What could they off done to the motor to get more out of it? Free up the exhaust or some thing?

P Moddy...I agree on the yellow...it's the only color I have yet to actually see on the street...although the red is very nice...took my first test drive in a red Mach...:eek: almost took that bad boy home...the most common color I have seen is DSG...

As far as the new hp rating, Zate is correct...stock Machs have being dynoing out between 312 and 335 at the crank...with 320 being the norm....Over on blue oval news, Ford did a dyno test on the Mach and Cobra... here are the results:

http://www.dynoperformance.com/arti...tails.php?ID=27

Harry...Yes that is the scheduled production date...if last year was any any indication, they will start trickling into showrooms in late November, but orders were typically taking 6-8 months :dw: So if you wanted to try to buy from dealer stock, as many of us did after getting tired of waiting....

I ordered last October...mine just came in a couple weeks ago...I bought from dealer stock in January...:burnout:

Xstanger

Established Member
Are Mach's selling relatively quickly where you guys are? Where I work they have 12-15 still left, and there is no addendums on any of these! They have sold one in the past 5 months!

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by Xstanger
Are Mach's selling relatively quickly where you guys are? Where I work they have 12-15 still left, and there is no addendums on any of these! They have sold one in the past 5 months!

There is the same amount on the lot I bought mine from as well. My salesman said that the economy is killing him.

Last edited:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
The 5 hp will help but they should have gone higher

I'm confused as to what you are implying.

The 5 HP is just so attorneys don't come into Fords corporate office throwing dyno sheets in their face, no changes were made. Are you insinuating that the Mach 1 isn't powerful enough? My car made well over the advertised HP levels that Ford put out.

This is not a flame, just inquisitions. :)

Last edited:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Looked at 2 Zinc Yellow 03 Mach 1's today. Thinking of trading my 01 GT in on one. 0% financing. Not sure what to do.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Looked at 2 Zinc Yellow 03 Mach 1's today. Thinking of trading my 01 GT in on one. 0% financing. Not sure what to do.

Did you drive one yet?

Users who are viewing this thread