04 mach1 eaton swap vs 2011 5.0

watman02

Established Member
played around with a guy from work yesterday on the way home he's got a stock gt stick car with 3.73 gears. we did a pull from 40 mph in 3rd till about halfway through 4th.
i was at about 3700rpm when we went. he hit first but i pulled on him right away and walked past by the time i hit 4th gear and had a car or so by the time i let off at 110.
i talked with him this morning and he said he was also in 3rd and shifted to 4th.
Im not saying Im surprised i beat him. just thought i would share!!
my next opponent will be a friend of mine with a TT camaro that has run 11.4's soooo well see what happens there...lol

19935.slow

Established Member
played around with a guy from work yesterday on the way home he's got a stock gt stick car with 3.73 gears. we did a pull from 40 mph in 3rd till about halfway through 4th.
i was at about 3700rpm when we went. he hit first but i pulled on him right away and walked past by the time i hit 4th gear and had a car or so by the time i let off at 110.
i talked with him this morning and he said he was also in 3rd and shifted to 4th.
Im not saying Im surprised i beat him. just thought i would share!!
my next opponent will be a friend of mine with a TT camaro that has run 11.4's soooo well see what happens there...lol

Good kill! Nothing wrong with short impromptu runs either :beer:.

Twin turbo ls and 11.40's? My z went 11.50 with just n20 and exhaust. You might have that one in the bad lol.:coolman:

19935.slow

Established Member
Cool, will probably be a good run. Love the machs with the eatons. Some run real well with the extra compression.

Richter888

Established Member
I had pretty much the same exact results when I raced my buddies 2011 after my eaton swap. Put about one car on him. My car has dropped some weight since that last race, so it would have been worse now if the didn't put a TVS on it lol. Haven't gotten a good race with it on yet. Come October....

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good Kill!!

I'm surprised by this outcome though, only 1 car length by 110.

Could he have started in second at that mph?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Hmmmm, what are the mods you have with your eaton swap(pulley size and what not)?

I put 6+ cars on a 12 5.0 with intake and exhaust, but I do have full exhaust, C&L CAI with 110 mm maf, .030 overbore, stock cams advanced 4 degrees and a 3.1 pulley.

I am also at high altitude which does have a large impact on N/A cars up here. Forced induction doesnt take as much of a hit so that probly helped me some too.

Baysixx

Established Member
Good Kill!!

I'm surprised by this outcome though, only 1 car length by 110.

Could he have started in second at that mph?

Ya at 2nd he would've been around 5000 rpm which would have been way better for him. At 3rd he was probably at 3500 far out of the power band

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
If he could have been in 2nd, but was in 3rd, then why are u surprised. Not being a dick, just curious.

Becaue from the sound of it the 5.0 may not have been in its powerband to start the race, 40 in 3rd? I'd think if it was in 2nd the race may have been closer.

I'm surprised because I figured a eaton swap mach would run away from a stock 5.0, i though they trapped ~120 with the swap but he only put a 1 length on it.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Becaue from the sound of it the 5.0 may not have been in its powerband to start the race, 40 in 3rd? I'd think if it was in 2nd the race may have been closer.

I'm surprised because I figured a eaton swap mach would run away from a stock 5.0, i though they trapped ~120 with the swap but he only put a 1 length on it.

If its a stock pulley eaton mach they will trap around 118 or so, which should still be more than 1 car against a stock 5.0

Richter888

Established Member
If its a stock pulley eaton mach they will trap around 118 or so, which should still be more than 1 car against a stock 5.0

I can confirm this. I did a 12.2 @ 118 mph. When I raced him from a dig at the track, I could put a few cars on him, but from a roll it was almost always just 1 - 1.5 cars.

He got better tires and closed the gap at one point. Honestly, these new motors are no joke. I think the transmission gearing is setup very well in the new cars too. I still may sell my car to do a coyote swap foxbody lol.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I can confirm this. I did a 12.2 @ 118 mph. When I raced him from a dig at the track, I could put a few cars on him, but from a roll it was almost always just 1 - 1.5 cars.

He got better tires and closed the gap at one point. Honestly, these new motors are no joke. I think the transmission gearing is setup very well in the new cars too. I still may sell my car to do a coyote swap foxbody lol.

Ya the 5.0s manuals are even more aggressively geared than the Mach 1s 3650 which is pretty aggressive.

watman02

Established Member
mod are in Sig. its a stock pulley car at this point with 14*timing at any load above 1(so when ever it hits boost its locked at 14* so there's more left in it...

2013-05-23192332.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread