04 Mach 460 Head unit issues

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I couldn't get any results through the search function....so I am seeking your help.

I have an 04 Cobra with the stock stereo system. The head unit has the Satellite radio option. The head unit has been acting up for months: auto ejecting CDs, not working once you hit the next track etc etc.

Now, it has locked in all 6 CDs and will not play OR open the "trap" door to get them out. When I start the car, you hear the thing spinning, but the display shows "initializing", and then nothing. Hit Eject and you see "No CDs", hit CD Player button and it says "CD Error".

I have yanked the fuse, disconnected the battery, and hit the buttons for hours to no avail.

HELP!!!! I would like to get it working again, or at the very least get my CDs out. I don't want to break it yet since I won't have a replacement soon.

What do you guys say??

Thanks,

Fred

CobraMac

Established Member
If you're not under warranty, take it out, then unplug the back of it and plug it back in. That usually resets the stereos and it might work again for you if you do that.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Unfortunately, I am out of warranty. I had the radio out already...had an 03 unit to swap then realized the connectors on the back are different so it wouldn't fit. So that didn't work. This damn thing will be the end of me lol!

CobraMac

Established Member
Hmmm then that means your stereo is done... Well at least the CD part of it. To get them out you will probably need to take the back of the unit off. Sorry about that man, that totally sucks!

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
great....that blows! I know I am going to have to mangle this thing to get my CDs out, and I don't have a replacement for it yet :kaboom:

cobra4v04

Established Member
I just lost the CD player in my Excursion, the problem was that when I went to load a CD it already had 6 in the magazine but still opened the door to load and ended up wedging 2 cd's in one slot.
I took mine to Circuit City and the guy there got my CD's out without damaging the rest of the radio, didn't charge me too. The CD player wouldn't do anything after that but the radio still worked fine.
I bought a "take out" unit off eBay for $100 and now all is fine.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
Damn that sucks man. But yeah, I am also looking for a cheap stock head unit for the time being. Nothing yet though...I guess they don't last long enough lol.

Users who are viewing this thread