04 Mach 1 vs. 2011 GT 5.0 vs. 03 Cobra

Mach828

Established Member
I just wanted to share how the Mach 1 stacks up to the 5.0. My friend and I were able to run em at the track the other night, and we were running the exact same et all night, 13.3x. The DA was 8,000 - 8,500 throughout the evening. I was trapping 102 and the 5.0 about 105.

5.0 mods = magnaflow magnapack catback , 3.73 gears, sct tune, and 17" Hoosier slicks

Mach 1 mods = Borla catback, prochamber midpipe, 4.10 gears, sct tune, 96 cobra cams, jlt rai, 90mm maf, 26 x 8.5 x 15 mt slicks.

I was cutting high 1.6x 60ft times, and the 5.0 was cutting low 1.8s, maybe high 1.7s I believe.

Here is a vid of my Mach at the track working a poor 2v, didn't get the run against the 5.0 on video.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpl0mjpJpdA"]‪Picture 077‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Here is another vid of my mach running my friends 2003 Cobra. 2.76, exhaust, usual bolt on Cobra. He was running street tires and struggled to hook up to catch my Mach. :lol:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQHrb6oVikM"]‪Bolt-on Mach1 vs. Pullied Cobra at the track‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Dyno graph of the Mach

Corrected
Mach828_july2011.jpg

Uncorrected to prove how bad our DA is
Uncorrected.jpg

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Car looks and sounds good!

Time for some LT's ;)

? Is that an OEM cobra bumper? Where did you find it? Thanks man!

Mach828

Established Member
Car looks and sounds good!

Time for some LT's ;)

? Is that an OEM cobra bumper? Where did you find it? Thanks man!

I've been throwing around the idea to get some Bassani mids. I just do all my own installs, and dropping the K member is a little more than I want to do for the moment. I just finished the cam install, and that was a challenge so I'm tired of wrenching for now.

I got a full OEM Cobra body kit from a guy locally. If your patient and watchful, you'll find stuff.

Last edited:

blake_colvin

Established Member
Wow your DA is horrible,
Great 60ft though.
and good job at keeping the 4v 5.0 at bay though, seems like the 373's helped him pick up some mph though.

Mach828

Established Member
Actually its a her that drives the 5.0. Werent you running e70 that nite too, Aaron?

No it was one of her friends driving the car cause she needed a driver mod. So he drove it a few runs and launched it at 5k and powershifted every gear.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
No it was one of her friends driving the car cause she needed a driver mod. So he drove it a few runs and launched it at 5k and powershifted every gear.

Haha nice. One of my coworkers here has a 5.0. He said he went 13.2 @ 107 on street tires with just a midpipe, catback and tune. That was last september though when they air was abit better. Those things move out even at altitude....

Mach828

Established Member
So all the cars you raced are faster, just bad drivers...?

If the 5.0 was faster, it should have beat me...badly. Not been within a tenth of my car. The 5.0 launched on slicks and powershifted every gear. The guy who drove it can bang gears.

The Cobra just had these Sumitomo tires that were like riding on ice. The Cobra should have beat me badly.

At the drag strip here I surprise a lot of cars that think they will walk me. For a 315hp Mach 1, it moves pretty good. I've got adjustable shocks, FLSFC, upper and lower control arms, with a built rear. Out of the hole it runs strong. Roll racing might be a different story, but I'd rather race at the strip were I have more seat time than most.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
So all the cars you raced are faster, just bad drivers...?

They would destroy him in a roll. The 5.0 was trapping higher so that tells the story that its faster, but just wasnt quicker. His slicks were grabbing well and he was getting good launches. He got down the strip faster, plain and simple.

I drove the 03 cobra for acouple passes. His tires suck bad.......I launched in 2nd gear at idle and it was STILL all over the place. Those tires just dont grab the road at all.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
OP..Nice runs man!! You really get your MACH off the line nicely man. Great driving and you car looks sweet.:beer:

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Good runs I cant wait to run a new 5.0.. Any idea on what the times corrected are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Good runs I cant wait to run a new 5.0.. Any idea on what the times corrected are?

Dragtimes.com da calculator:

The weather data was automatically plugged in after I entered the date of the run. 7-15-2011 at around 9 pm when this run was made the DA was:

8,471 feet above sea level

So the runs at sea level are estimated to be:

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
11.956 @ 112.729 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
12.247 @ 109.906 MPH

Extensively Modified Supercharged and Turbocharged Engines
12.762 @ 105.886 MPH

Im thinking the 12.2 @ 109.9 mph is most accurate given his mods.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
They would destroy him in a roll. The 5.0 was trapping higher so that tells the story that its faster, but just wasnt quicker. His slicks were grabbing well and he was getting good launches. He got down the strip faster, plain and simple.

I drove the 03 cobra for acouple passes. His tires suck bad.......I launched in 2nd gear at idle and it was STILL all over the place. Those tires just dont grab the road at all.

Wow people have horrible experience with Sumitomo's. They are decent tires for street. They do bburnout but not as horrible as I thought, the stock Eagle F1's were horrible! When they are warmed up, they don't do that bad. I mostly struggle on 1st gear but second seems to do OK when they are somewhat warmed up. For being $70-80 a tire (when I got them) they are pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread