04 Mach 1 burning a lot of oil...

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
I have an 04 mach 1 burning a lot of oil... I chaged it saturday and its already a quart low... I just changed the pcv valve on it 10 minutes ago and still looks to be burning oil.... Anyone else have this issue or know about it...

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Did the oil usage ramp up slowly to this much or boom, using oil?

Swetrid

Established Member
Most of the time valve seals are the cause of smoke and consumption. How many miles have you driven since oil change?

4v_mach1

Established Member
Maybe you have a bad leak some where? check the oil filter adapter area, oil pan gasket and the transmission for a bad rear main seal..
-
Does the engine smoke during start up or wide open throttle?

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Sorry forthe late reply been working a ton.. Um the oil gradually started to build and build now I notice it. I drove it from Ga to Tn and that was probably a 100 miles or a little more and it was a quart low on when I got back. I am using penzoil 5w-30. Can tell where its coming from car only has 64k miles any suggestions?

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Smokes after it idles for a min, Not immeadiatley after start up. I can tell its smoking a lot wondering if the motor is bad or something else is the issue

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
how hard of a fix?

Heads have to come off and be rebuilt. Might be cheaper to find some used, but they need to be inspected also.

With as much oil as you are losing, external leak would be pretty obvious. Worst case would be the rings, but only 61,000 miles, seems less likely.

Pricing is all over the place when I did a quick check online.

Need a real mechanic to trouble shoot now.

Users who are viewing this thread