04 KB vs. semi-modded GT500

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Green light, we both hit it, i roll off the clutch and feather the gas, as my 275 Nitto DRs dont hook well with 575 rwhp. I spin thru 1st, shift to 2nd and have 3-5 cars on him by end of 2nd, see him in my driver side mirror. SHift to third, at top of third fuel pump fuse blows, car shuts down and I have 10+ cars on him. Fun race.

Can someone explain to me why my fuel pump fuse is blowing at WOT? I have a KB 2.2 w/ BAP.... which i think may be some cause of it....?

MikeW

Established Member
Good run
what mods were on the GT500 ?

FPDM = fuel pump duty manager

you can get an upgraded one (fpdm)... look on lethals site under fuel up grades.

Green light, we both hit it, i roll off the clutch and feather the gas, as my 275 Nitto DRs dont hook well with 575 rwhp. I spin thru 1st, shift to 2nd and have 3-5 cars on him by end of 2nd, see him in my driver side mirror. SHift to third, at top of third fuel pump fuse blows, car shuts down and I have 10+ cars on him. Fun race.

Can someone explain to me why my fuel pump fuse is blowing at WOT? I have a KB 2.2 w/ BAP.... which i think may be some cause of it....?

If you think you pulled 5 cars from the 1-2 shift and then 5+more on him by your 2-3 shift (for your claimed total of more than 10 cars) then you need to lay off the crack and realize that it was either a 6cyl. car or he wasn't racing you...bottom line...seriously. Or just stop making up your fantasies and posting them up here.

Last edited:

c6r

Established Member
To me the 03 to 04 cobra's are still the best bang for the buck from ford , hell if I could have found one that had not been run to death I might have bought it in stead of the 2 seater vette, ( I have two kids that still have not forgiven me for buying the vette ). The GT-500 has bad aero dynamics and weight.

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
If you think you pulled 5 cars from the 1-2 shift and then 5+more on him by your 2-3 shift (for your claimed total of more than 10 cars) then you need to lay off the crack and realize that it was either a 6cyl. car or he wasn't racing you...bottom line...seriously. Or just stop making up your fantasies and posting them up here.
I dont know 10 cars does sound like a lot going through 3 gears but my co worker has a new GT500 and every time I ran him in my 496rwp 04 I have spanked him hard.I just ran him 2 times sunday afternoon and with a camera man in my car put like 10 cars on him.I even have it on tape but have no idea how to post video.Later that night we got together with our other friend from work that has a lotus.It is not the exige but the regular one.A couple times even the elise got out a few cars before being ran down.Of course I spanked them both.I will mention the fact that I am not a great driver but better than average,while my friend with the GT500 needs a lot of help.He just is not used to it yet and needs a lot more experience.
So yeah I believe the tc and say...nice kill!:beer:

LAcop124

Established Member
i know the KB cobras are fast, but 10 cars? i might be wrong maybe op is telling the truth. if he is good kill if not shame on you.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Could easily have been poorly driven. AutoWeek reported GT500 some owners trying to convert them to automatics because they CAN'T DRIVE A MANUAL! LMAO! Those tools also probably paid $20k+ over sticker.

Nice kill. You would have been multiple bus lengths if we wasn't racing you.

c6r

Established Member
A good friend of mine has a SRT-8 Magnum station wagon that ran dead even with a stock GT-500 from 75mph to 140mph , his modifications at the time were cai and cat-back. Bad aero, weight and only 6000rpm speed range in gears adds up to slow 500hp car.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
For those of you giving props, THANKS!

To 94GaycobraHomoboy: You're still a tool.

For those of that doubt me: Sorry, but i dont lie.

For those of you providing the fix to the FPDM, THANKS!

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Good run
what mods were on the GT500 ?

FPDM = fuel pump duty manager

you can get an upgraded one (fpdm)... look on lethals site under fuel up grades.

Not sure what mods he had, he definately had exhaust and a few other goodies, it had a nice rumble to it. He had some gauges, so I would assume he had a reason for having them? He wouldnt roll down the window, I guess he was embarassed? Thanks for the info.:beer:

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I'll call you out as well. My car is slow as all heck, and i have still beat termies through 1 AND 2. 3rd is where they rape me....

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
to the OP that said his co-worker just bought a new GT500. You have more WHP then a GT500, and a bit less weight. So, nice job picking on a stock GT500.

OP that claims to have put ten cars on a modded GT500. What does your car run in the 1/4? If that GT500 had a pulley swap, tune, exaust, intake, etc. He could have approx. 600 wHP, and would be right next to you. I've seen pullied GT500's with tunes, intake exhaust running deep 11's trapping 125+. I'm not calling bs, but, there are 3 GT500 covnerted GT's here, that sound like them, and look even more like them...

Remember, they have a 4V, too, but it is 5.4, not 4.6 So, they respond quite a bit better to any mod then your car. Good race though, it must have been fun to run one..

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
When you are WOT, your fuel pumps/KB Boost-a-pump are working on overtime. They are drawing too many AMPS(amperes) across the tiny-little wire the feeds power to your FPDM. It's the same thing if you are running multiple SUBWOOFERS off of a BIG AMPLIFIER in your trunk and that AMPLIFIER has only a 18-20 Gauge wire to power it. Too much resistance on the wire, amp thermals, goes into auto-protect/shutdown, or blows a fuse.

You need to do a WIRE-UPGRADE for this.

You can order this : http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-14834/lp-dualfpdmkit-lethal-performance-dual-fpdm-wire-harness-kit.html

OR, if you know what you're doing, run a FUSED 10guage wire/relay setup on your current wiring, and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I consistantly ran about a 1s faster in the 1/4 than a stock GT500 one of the last times I was at the track. I have a mail ordered tuned pullied Cobra. 1s I would venture to think is about 4-5 cars could be wrong. 10 cars does not seem unreasonalble considering the OP has about 140 more whp than I do.

Good Kill!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Good times. Keep in mind, for a 4K lb car, the fastest time yet bone stock was a 12.2 @ 118. Equipped with a good driver, pullied, they run low 11's all day. Just lilke Dgussin's GT500. He ran an awesome time. Plus, he is a pretty good driver.

Users who are viewing this thread