'04> Intake / Man / IC bolts

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I have finally jumped onto pulling the blower and intake from my '04 cobra. The only reason I am doing this is to correct the Lean Codes that I am pretty sure are caused by the PCV leak under the manifold. (I hope this is all that wrong).

So, I am pulling it all apart slowly, following this tutorial.. (the pics are all gone from the thread here)
http://www.mustangspecialties.net/cobra-eaton-supercharger-swap-intall.html

Only issue so far, is the 61202 TB gasket tore apart, so I will be ordering that asap.

My main quetion is about replacing the three sets of bolts. From what research I have found, here is what I know (and don't know).

-Three sets of bolts are needed:
-ten 10mm Eaton to manifold bolts. These are TTY, and should not be re-used
- ten 10mm intake to Head bolts. These have 'normal' torque specs, so I am not sure if I can re-use these. (I don't think they are TTY)
-ten 7mm bolts hold the IC to Blower. These are definately weak TTY bolts and need to be removed carefully and replaced.

Several Question here:
1) I have read several comments on this saying to just find good SS or Grade 8 bolts to replace these. I would rather not re-use TTY. I have a couple good sources for fasteners near me, so I am leaning towards just replacing them locally. SS or G8 best?

2) How do you convert the factory TTY torque sequence (ie: Torq#1, Torq#2, then 90*) to a static torque spec? I assumed the final 90* relates to the bolt-stretch in TTY fasteners.

3) There seems to be conflicting info on the Manifold to Head bolts & specs. It does not appear that they are TTY bolts, but they are replaced in the 'master kits' I see.

4) I see some using washers on the IC-to-blower bolts. Are these needed?

5) Does anyone worry about replacing the o-rings on the IC manifold tubes?

Maybe I am overthinking this. I just like to do plenty of research and leave little to chance.

Thanks..

Mark

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Yes purchase grade 8 hardware or 10.9 grade. Just match up the old hardware. It's always good practice to use washers under the head of a bolt. Careful removing the innercooler bolts use a propane torch if needed. I wouldn't worry bout the the extra *90 turn just torque to specs and in correct sequence. Remember to use loctite on IC to blower bolts. Yes replace O-rings on both tubes. My friends o-rings corroded and he wasn't a happy camper. I have broken those tty bolts just by removing them so go easy.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I think I found the size and Ford Part #. FWIW

IC manifold tube o-rings : 17.12 x 2.62 Metric. PN is N802927-S

Users who are viewing this thread