04 gt stoplight issues

air_commando88

Established Member
ok lately i've been having issues with my car not wanting to go into gear while taking off from an intersection or stoplight. it is a five speed, there is no grinding noise or anything its just hard to shift. usually taking it out of 1st and into another then back to first works but lately its been being a pain. any ideas guys?

air_commando88

Established Member
well i had it looked over and a local shop says its the clutch failing to disengage. i'm looking up new clutches now and i've come across the spec stage 1 and the fidanza 2.1, both say they are a good step above OEM and both of them are priced decent. what type of clutch should i go with?

97cobra1

Established Member
well i had it looked over and a local shop says its the clutch failing to disengage. i'm looking up new clutches now and i've come across the spec stage 1 and the fidanza 2.1, both say they are a good step above OEM and both of them are priced decent. what type of clutch should i go with?

I had a spec stage 1. Break it was a little rough. (lots of chatter) After everything seated in and smoothed out i loved it. Grabbed like hell. I'm putting a spec stage 2+ in right now because of some issues with the first spec clutch. The fidanza i dunno anything about though.

air_commando88

Established Member
Your problem is the 3650 trans....biggest POS ford ever put in a mustang.

its not the greatest but for the mileage i have it hasn't done to bad. besides...i have to say its better than your t-5 or t-45 after driving my friends 98 cobra as well as my 90 hatch. talk about a POS!

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
its not the greatest but for the mileage i have it hasn't done to bad. besides...i have to say its better than your t-5 or t-45 after driving my friends 98 cobra as well as my 90 hatch. talk about a POS!

I have had the opposite experience. I had the t-5 in my 92 and the t-45 in my current car and both are much better than the 3650 in my 01 cobra. I had to replace it at 40k miles, it just fell apart. The t-45 in my 97 is the smoothest shifting trans I have had in any stang:shrug:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Been throwing close to 400hp at my 3650 for a while and have had no problems at all.

*knock on wood*

Users who are viewing this thread