04 GT CCW, Widened Rear flairs, Targa

nerdman

Established Member
Hello guys, i have been on here but dont really post much! Want to give all you guys props on your bad ass cars!

I wanted to share some pics of my daily. Ive had this car since new, its a 2004 GT. I did the targa top on it about 5years ago. It has all the maximum motorsports suspension pieces. Coilovers, panhard etc... Custom made 4 point roll bar, getting ready to add a couple more points. built motor with ported heads and comp cams, allen supercharger maxed out at 11.5 lbs lol.
Im planning to do a kenne bell or a tork tech kit soon, since i already have all the supporting mods, the tork tech seems nicer right now. It has a fidanza aluminum flywheel, twin disk clutch, yes i know, over kill for a daily, but i know me, i always want more so i plan ahead lol. Motor has about 1500 soft miles on it. Will get it all tuned up properly as soon as its back from the body shop. flowmaster catback with custom made center exhaust.

I have always been a fan of Ccw classics, but i wanted to do something diffrent. So i called john at ccw and asked him to make me some wheels that stuck out about 1 inch in order to get the most lip possible without overdoing the flairs. I believe its close to a 4.5-5in lip, i honestly have not measured. Over all i flaired the fenders about 2in. The car is going in for paint this weekend. Its been two toned black and grey for 5years now, so i need a change of color. I will post progress pics of the car at the shop in this thread.
Well here are a few pics of the flairs in progress, and completed as the car sits right now. Hope you guys like it, dont flame me please:beer:

Here it is about 1 year ago.
IMG00069.jpg

And here it is about 1month ago getting cut up again.
e4a3cf96.jpg

Tacked in
8cd2d1f6.jpg

7eeb55d7.jpg

f0e67f6e.jpg

9e2505bf.jpg

c9f6d65e.jpg

5bd27c96.jpg

53420a8b.jpg

fbc6b3cc.jpg

ac82aeec.jpg

5479b17a.jpg

b18d7469.jpg

Some interior shots, sorry guys, cars dirty as heck, havent cleaned in 2 weeks since its gonna get all dusty soon!
f5ae0604.jpg

a302b259.jpg

Keyless ignition. No keys needed
6f49fcff.jpg

My last body mod, im planning on flush mounting this in the stock gas door location
17cc7434.jpg

Similar to this, but not in the pillar.
f386a1aa.jpg

And finally, the new colors. It will be this custom orange we mixed up. Its a white base, green pearl and white pearl mixed together and Ppg orange glow candy over all of it. I know its a little loud for a daily driver, but i really like this color. I think the dark grey will help tone it down a tad.
The car will have the same two tone scheme as now, only the orange will replace the grey, and the new darker grey will replace the black, seperated by a bright red pin stripe.

You can really see how much the orange shifts to yellow gold. The grey is actually white pearl with black sprayed over it.
3e4dddaa.jpg

ff184438.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. Id appreciate any comments and suggestions! Thank you!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
That is SICK!!! I don't think I'll like the gas cap though, but hey its your car! I like it, very different!

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
i gotta tell you, i love the look of a targa mustang. i used to have a del Sol before i switched to the Mach 1 and i miss that open air feeling. i like it a lot.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Cool car!!! Not a fan of the center mount exhaust and gas door.

nerdman

Established Member
Props to you man, that thing looks great!

Thank you!

That is SICK!!! I don't think I'll like the gas cap though, but hey its your car! I like it, very different!
Thanks man, im not too sure about it either yet lol. The viper pic was for refrence. The body will actually hug the gas cap a lot tighter. Kinda hard to describe. Ill post pics as soon as i fit in and see what you guys think. Like my uncle says, (body and fab guy doin the work) its only metal. Well put it back to normal if we dont like it. I hope i like it though , cuz its gonna take some work to fit it.ha.

nerdman

Established Member
i gotta tell you, i love the look of a targa mustang. i used to have a del Sol before i switched to the Mach 1 and i miss that open air feeling. i like it a lot.

Thank you, Yea, its awesome driving it with the top off.

i like it, different but cool!
:beer:

Cool car!!! Not a fan of the center mount exhaust and gas door.
Thanks,
Center exhaust needs a lil more work. Im not happy with it yet. And still unsure about cap myself.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Only thing i dont like is the center exhaust. I think maybe the tips seem a little small to pull it off, but i cant put my finger on it. The rest of the car, the colors you chose (orange is my fav), the t-top cut out, the bad ass sunken in gas door..... this car is TITS!I love it! This is the level of modding i would take my car to if i was a financially secure adult. Awesome.

nerdman

Established Member
That car is amazing! Can't wait to see it finished and painted. The colors do go well together.

Thanks dude, ive followed the progress on your car here, your car is sick man! Evrything about it is clean!

damn thats badass dude!!

Thanks

Only thing i dont like is the center exhaust. I think maybe the tips seem a little small to pull it off, but i cant put my finger on it. The rest of the car, the colors you chose (orange is my fav), the t-top cut out, the bad ass sunken in gas door..... this car is TITS!I love it! This is the level of modding i would take my car to if i was a financially secure adult. Awesome.

Thank you, i think your right, the tips are 3" it may need 3.5" tipd and maybe if i raised them a little more, so they dont hang that low below the bumper. your car looks sick with those wheels in your sig!

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Ya 3.5 would set it off right imo, im not to sure what the saleens with stock center exhausts are running, but i think 4 would be a little TO big for tips that are side by side like that. I think raised an inch or two with the slightly bigger tips will complete it alot more. I think its because the saleen bumper has to much going on with curves and mesh that they distract from the exhaust, but the shaved cobra bumper is just to clean to distract from the exhaust, so they need to be the perfect fit to flow. At least for me, im ocd like that, my driver tip is like a cm or two off center then the passenger and it drives me CRAZY!

Thanks im glad you like them! I miss the white on white, but i love that hardly anyone rocks the '10 gt500 wheels on new edges.

Tha_PiG

Established Member
Nice!!!

This is going to be one bad ass ride!!!

The rear Cobra bumper with the letters smoothed has been an idea of mine forever. One of my next projects.

The center exhaust tips look AwEsOmE!!!! I'd Kill for a set of Classics..

Love it!!

Cant wait to see finished product!

*Subscribed*

Go with Kenne Bell. Dont waste your time and money with TT.

Click my link below to get an idea of what it cost.

Last edited:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
You have my new favorite project car on here, I LOVE that thing, awesome work man. Props to you, can't wait to see it painted. Very very unique

On a side note, you should consider Mach/Bullitt sail panels, I think it'll help pull off the targa look even better :beer:

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
ive pondered a targa top since 2000. How did you do it? i was thinking that you could use the latches and seals from a vert. One for the front, and one for the back.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
This has to be one of the nicest cars I've seen, everything you've done so far has been top notch. I really like the targa top, what company did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking?

The flares, skirts, and rear bumper came out very nice. I'm also liking the center exhaust, its different and clean. I'm not too sure on how the gas cap will come out but I'm sure with how the rest of the car looks it won't look too shabby. Great work! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread