04 engine long block

Cobra80

Established Member
I am putting my 2004 cobra block and heads up for sale. The engine is still in my car and will most likley stay there until I get a buyer. This way people can hear and feel it run. The engine has 52,xxx on it right now. I was going to rebuild it because it has a small leak in the #6 cylinder, bought it that way, but did not know. Its not missing, or buring oil yet. Then I found a build 03 cobra engine for a good price, so I just bought that insead of rebuilding so it wont be down as long since its my daily driver. 3K negotiable

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Ok man i think i may be in neeed of a new motor just waiting to see if thats the case. Ill check back with u later in the week to see if u still have it.

Cobra80

Established Member
Would everyone prefer to hear it run in the car, or would you rather see it out of the car? I dont care either way, but thought it might be best if people could see/feel it run.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Hey man you just posted in my thread. I figured your more likely to check back on this one. How much do you think it would cost to have something like that fixed? I can check with some guys I know and let you know whats up. If you still have it by spring then I may be able to give you a deposite to hold it till fall? It would actually work out pretty good since the engine will just be an upgrade, not a fail safe. So I can still drive on my engine till thats fixed and I can get a hold of an eaton for cheap. Ill keep in touch

Cobra80

Established Member
I am not sure on the price to fix, not really sure what is wrong, could just be a ring, could be a cracked piston, blown head gasket. Then once you know what is wrong it depends on if you pay someone to do it, or you do it yourself.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
so you arent sure its a head gasket? Are you selling this with the complete s/c setup and all? Or just heads down to pan? PM me becuase I always forget to check back on threads

Cobra80

Established Member
I dont think it is a head gasket because no oil and water are mixed, main point is that I dont know what is wrong with it yet, it is just the complete heads and complete block no sc

Users who are viewing this thread