04 Cobra vs. R33 Skyline

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Sorry no video! I need a camera man! I could have had some awesome video for you guys last night! I ran into an R33 Skyline that was built to hell pushing around 24 psi on my way back the from the grocery store. Needless to say after a few blasts on the Race bahn we were about neck and neck! We split four runs from 60-140 and I got him on a fifth run from 40-130mph! We had to slow because traffic around A'Dam was getting busy. Each time we only edged the other out by a fender or two! I surprised him on the first one because I don't think he was expecting me to pull the way that I did. Damn it was fun! I didn't fare off too bad for being the one who had less power as he is pushing over 600 at the wheels! It was my first real race here besides the Porshe 996 T that i wiped my ass with a few weeks ago but he couldn't drive to save his life so it wasn't very good of a race. Not bad for a little American Grocery getter on the Euro Snel Weg...

Here is a link to the car: PRO IMPORT MOTORSPORTS • View topic - MBE (Mr Blue Eyes) Project PI32 Track onderhanden genomen

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Sorry no video! I need a camera man! I could have had some awesome video for you guys last night! I ran into an R33 Skyline that was built to hell pushing around 24 psi on my way back the from the grocery store. Needless to say after a few blasts on the Race bahn we were about neck and neck! We split four runs from 60-140 and I got him on a fifth run from 40-130mph! We had to slow because traffic around A'Dam was getting busy. Each time we only edged the other out by a fender or two! I surprised him on the first one because I don't think he was expecting me to pull the way that I did. Damn it was fun! I didn't fare off too bad for being the one who had less power as he is pushing over 600 at the wheels! It was my first real race here besides the Porshe 996 T that i wiped my ass with a few weeks ago but he couldn't drive to save his life so it wasn't very good of a race. Not bad for a little American Grocery getter on the Euro Snel Weg...

Here is a link to the car: PRO IMPORT MOTORSPORTS • View topic - MBE (Mr Blue Eyes) Project PI32 Track onderhanden genomen

:beer:niceee. Your lucky to have races with some rare cars! how do you like your bassani headers and catted x? I was thinking about that set up and leaving my magnaflow catback on it that i have. i can get a deal on a cheap O/R x pipe but i think i want to stay catted just cause i don't want it to be a pain.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
:beer:niceee. Your lucky to have races with some rare cars! how do you like your bassani headers and catted x? I was thinking about that set up and leaving my magnaflow catback on it that i have. i can get a deal on a cheap O/R x pipe but i think i want to stay catted just cause i don't want it to be a pain.

That is my first real race since I have bought the car almost a year ago. Everyone else always pussed out or couldn't drive their car correctly. I dig the exhaust setup I have. It sounds really good! Mine is catted too. With O/R X i think that it might be a little too loud if you like to listen to music or go on long drives though. I am already on the verge of that.

Last edited:

Shin

Established Member

That's a R32
He wasn't making 600whp at least he didn't race you that way or is BHP crank hp?? cause he'd beat you with him weighing in around 3300lbs

GT2860-5s even in twin configuration won't give that HP either.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
That's a R32
He wasn't making 600whp at least he didn't race you that way or is BHP crank hp?? cause he'd beat you with him weighing in around 3300lbs

Okay so it was an R32 my bad, yeah you are right because you talked to him and his tuner afterwards that was riding shotgun on the left side... :rollseyes
I know what they told me and Why is does he claim it on his little website too? I know what the outcome of the race was and yes there are quite a few Skylines with those turbos making upwards of 650 whp... I guess you didn't see the spot where I said we split four runs meaning he won two and I won two... So yes he did beat me twice. I beat him on the first, third, and fifth run we did.

Last edited:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
That's a R32

why is there always someone who has to be better then the story the OP stated. If the OP talked to the tuner who built and tuned the car and the cars HP is an acclaimed 600+whp then it is.

the OP stated the car beat him twice....:rolleyes: the OP never said he just won lol

good race, i would love to meet up with some rare fortunes like that gem!

Shin

Established Member
why is there always someone who has to be better then the story the OP stated. If the OP talked to the tuner who built and tuned the car and the cars HP is an acclaimed 600+whp then it is.

the OP stated the car beat him twice....:rolleyes: the OP never said he just won lol

good race, i would love to meet up with some rare fortunes like that gem!

WOW seriously?

You guys are getting butthurt over a correction?
The GTR R32 weights 325X lbs the 03 Cobra Weighs how much?
Power to Weight and please don't now say the car doesn't have a power band...

onebadsvt

Established Member
good runs, i kinda hafta agree with shin though. if he was makin 600whp through a awd, thats alotta drive train loss and with the weight adv sshould have easily pulled a few cars, but its a street race anything is possible, so congrats!

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
good runs, i kinda hafta agree with shin though. if he was makin 600whp through a awd, thats alotta drive train loss and with the weight adv sshould have easily pulled a few cars, but its a street race anything is possible, so congrats!

So I got lucky.... Who cares I won 3 out of five pulls bottom line. He also had a passenger who was around 200 pounds and I do believe I make more power under the curve then he does! All things considered it was veel plezier!:rolling:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
OP stated they started @ 40mph which should be a tick into 2nd? 500whp. You guys don't spin with that much power in 2nd??

And what is this hinderance with 4WD?

You lose more horsepower from the crank to the wheels with AWD, just like the difference between a tight manual and a sloppy automatic. The only advantage of an AWD is on the launch and even that can be matched or negated by a RWD car with proper traction and a good driver.

DenniSTi

Established Member
You lose more horsepower from the crank to the wheels with AWD, just like the difference between a tight manual and a sloppy automatic. The only advantage of an AWD is on the launch and even that can be matched or negated by a RWD car with proper traction and a good driver.

Um, let me educate you..

#1: regarding "AWD is a hindrance from roll races" is only true if you are comparing 2 similar CRANK hp cars. A 600AWHP is easily as fast as a 600RWHP car with the same gearing, weight, c/d etc. because the drivetrain loss has already been taken into account on the dyno.

#2 AWD at high power levels is still an advantage because you have traction to all 4 tires that would normally be spinning even on 2nd, or 3rd gear highway rolls. The more power, the more the advantage, especially if both cars are on street tires.

Good races OP. Anything is possible on the streets. The added weight he had plus turbo lag can account for the win most likel... maybe even less power on lower boost. But run what you brung.

Jroc

Established Member
LOL

Love how the import guys got their butts hurt over Godzilla losing to a Terminator.

Terminator > Skyline GTR.

BTW I find it hard to believe that some AWD, cast iron I6 car with seats for 4 weighs anywhere near 3,250 lbs. MKIV's are easily heavier than that and they forgo the AWD. I could of sworn that R34 GTR's were 3700+ lb vehicles. Could the weight difference be that much between the two?

BTW my car weighs 3,611 lbs with a full tank of gas.

Now let me educate y'all....

A Terminator with a TS is a MF'in fast car. Build the Terminator as much as that GTR is built, and put some sticky tires on it, and it would have been much worse for the Nissan.

BTW good kill OP!

Last edited:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
good kill. That def. sounds like some good running. Driver error(as posted by OP) may also account for the skyline running the way it did. Either way, that sounds like a blast....and to win the fifth race after being even.....even better.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That's a R32

Yes, BHP is crank.

Taking 15% drivetrain loss, 600 BHP equals relatively 510 whp. With AWD, that figure could be more like 475 or so.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Well either way I will have some video for you guys this weekend if the weather holds out here. You never can be to sure about that in Holland. Also the actual owner of the car will be driving his car... Also one more tidbit of info for Shin to feast on. The driver of the car was the engine builder and tuner riding along with him. The engine builder is a pretty famous racer in Europe. I am not talking streets either. He races on the Autocross tracks with a GTR and has a few wins under his belt. Like I said before I don't think they knew what they got into when they ran into me. It was a chance contact and the first race the were shitting bricks when I jumped them by a car on the hit and continued to hold steady through fourth gear. He creeped on me a bit at the top of fourth.

BTW- I have Nitto 555R's on the rear of my car so I barely spin when starting from a roll and I know he was't spinning at all. We will try it from a dead stop and some various rolls when afforded the opportunity again. As far as the turbo's maybe they were lying to make the car look like it wasn't much... I dunno? I know I fibbed a bit and told them all I had a was a pulley and exhaust! Ha ha ha! I said that is just how american cars are from the factory!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread