04 cobra vs evo

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
:shrug: Hows it goin gentlemen,.... I raced a evo last nite and from the line he jumped on me but once i got to second gear i started gaining on was going to pass him up when I LOSE POWER,...car just stopped pulling...i pull over and notice i had coolant all over the engine. No leak from radiator or hoses. My mechaninc conlcuded it came from the resevoir cap not the one on the right that says 16PSI but the other with the10PSI on it. Should i change it with a 16psi? No leaks no nothing my cobra has been running strong and im kinda worried.....thanks for any help!!!!:bash:

fred50stang

Established Member
Sounds like your cooling system needs a burping. Also check your intercooler pump, if they quit working or work intermittent it'll blow also.

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
By the way guys I have the following mods
2.81 upper/k&n intake/bbk off road xpipe no cats/borla exhaust/ngk tr6 gapped .032/tuned with superchips hp4

04cobrafordboiz

High speed Low drag
Established Member
Yea, its all cleaned up...it wasn't to bad it was all on the left side of the engine bay..looks good now tho. I recently had a new radiator put in and had the system burped. Hopefully putting the 16psi cap on there helped..ill find out later today when I take the terminator out for a spin!

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
It sucks when your lined up and stuff happens.
I lined up with an SRT 8 last week , forgot to disengage the TC .

Hope it's just the cap,

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Hopefully putting the 16psi cap on there helped..ill find out later today when I take the terminator out for a spin!
I don't think you want tot put a 16 lb cap on a system designed for 10 psi. Find the cause of the problem, don't just try to cover it up.

Users who are viewing this thread