04 cobra vs e60 m5?

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
So this guy i know thinks hes king shiit cause he beats my 07 srt8 jeep with his 06 bmw m5. I tell him i have another car he should race, and proceed to explain. A 04 cobra coupe with 2.93 upper, idlers, bassani o/r x, catback, cai and tune. He laughs at me and bets me a gino, so i accept. Race is scheduled for next week. Question is since hes stock, will i beat him and make some extra dough?

primetime

Established Member
Don't blow the launch and you will be fine. Also, don't race to crazy speeds IE a highway race to 150+. later Ron

Drewzilla

Established Member
You're probably making near the same hp to the wheels, if not more, than a stock one, with much more tq. You've got about 400 lbs on him as well assuming you're stock coupe weight. You SHOULD pull him steadily. I read on some site that they trap 120 stock, which is dont see happening with the power/weight. They do have 7 speeds though so that might be the difference.

C6 Vette

Established Member
You're probably making near the same hp to the wheels, if not more, than a stock one, with much more tq. You've got about 400 lbs on him as well assuming you're stock coupe weight. You SHOULD pull him steadily. I read on some site that they trap 120 stock, which is dont see happening with the power/weight. They do have 7 speeds though so that might be the difference.

Your right. E60 M5's trap in the mid teens.....They run mid 12's on average...You should have him and there's nothing finer than putting a high priced Beemer in it's place.....Good Luck Man!!!

SpdPilot

Established Member
Just make sure that you both agree on where the finish line will be and exactly how many races with be run. All before hand. Especially if there is cash involved.

Can't count how many local rivals said they beat me after I shut down or some other starting line issue, which I wouldn't let them race me again. I only race ONCE! May the best car/man win. Reason is.... it is to risky with cops to make multiple full out runs. Then they keep bitching that I won't let them get it right to beat me.... "because really there car is faster". So cash runs.... run it once, run it your best, and win or lose, no bitching afterwords (or bad mouthing to everyone in town).

BTW....against that car, you better do everything right. He only has to be half the driver you are. Those things practically race themselves.

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
Thanks for all the helpfull info, yeh im gonna try and shut this guy up and take his money. I will post the video for you guys when its said and done. Thanks again.
Spartan.

JWC

Established Member
I think you will take him if you get off to a good start. Car and Driver tested a 6 spd M5 and it went 13.0 @ 114 and the M5 auto went 12.5 @118 in an eariler test. I test drove an M6 (same motor /auto trans.) and my 03 KB Cobra I had at the time could walk it with ease and I know because I had to prove it to a young salesman. GOOD LUCK and let us know how it went.

Users who are viewing this thread