04 Cobra vs C6 vette m6

ellis4

Established Member
Cobra- Drop in K&N filter, welded in Flowmaster's (not catback) and a 2lb pulley (boost gauge shows ~10lbs, dunno how accurate that is). No tune.

Vette- Chip, K&N. No tune.

Went out tonight with a buddy who has a non Z06 c6 vette. Did a couple roll ons and a couple digs.

Race 1- 40mph roll. Cobra 2nd gear, Vette is in 3rd.. but the driver tries to slam it in 2nd real fast.. Result - Cobra has 1-2 cars by 80mph.

Race 2- 20mph roll. Cobra pulls vette by 1 car to top of 3rd gear.

Race 3- Dig. Both spin hard (cold tires, coldish night) Vette lets off and Cobra walks

Race 4- Dig. Cobra by about 1/2 a car, vette creeping, had to let off coming up to an intersection.

Race 5- 40mph roll. Vette has a nose on the cobra and I miss 4th gear.. Vette wins by a landslide

I have some vids, but I cant string them all together. Gonna try to get them up on Youtube. This is only my 2nd day with the car and the vette owner was wasted so he let a sober person drive. The driver has driven foxbody stangs and knows how to drive.. but had no experience in the vette. I think most of the outcomes were due to Driver Mod.

ellis4

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxj_laXXHbg"]YouTube - 04 Cobra vs C6 Vette[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eKppxEafk"]YouTube - some more fun between cobra and vette[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2h7MugKVyM"]YouTube - 4th short vid of Cobra and Vette[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFlM4Js8Jxo"]YouTube - 5th vid of the night Cobra and Vette[/ame]

BayareaSS

Established Member
Sounds like u had a good time. You should learn the car more and the owner of the vette should drive his own car. This would make for some good runs without all the mistakes.

ellis4

Established Member
C6's dont' have chips, your computer is tuned or not.

I was just going by what he said he had done.. I dont know anything about the corvettes.

I plan on getting a tune for my car, but first I'm gonna order a 2.76 billetflow pulley, intake, and full exhaust. Gonna do it all at once. I have a MGW shortshifter on order to make it less like a rowboat

ellis4

Established Member
I'll ask him later what year it is. I want to say 2005, but it could be an 06.

We're gonna run again with him in the drivers seat, things will probably end up differently.

Forgot to mention in OP that i have 315 nitto DR's so I have a little bit of an advantage from a dig for sure.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I'll ask him later what year it is. I want to say 2005, but it could be an 06.

We're gonna run again with him in the drivers seat, things will probably end up differently.

Forgot to mention in OP that i have 315 nitto DR's so I have a little bit of an advantage from a dig for sure.

oh ok lol, i was thinking it was the 08 C6's, those things are ****ing killer 435 HP stock. My wifes dad has one, Im wanting to line um up when i get home, should be a good run! Think it might end up being a drivers race. We'll see, hes a dick so it would be great to smoke the shit out of it...we'll see lol

Last edited:

ellis4

Established Member
Yeah, my uncle has the new ls3 vette.. thing's a blast to drive around. He's in vegas but i'll be heading out there sometime soon. gonna run the old guy haha. His is an auto so no drivers error tho, probably gonna smoke my ass

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
oh ok lol, i was thinking it was the 08 C6's, those things are ****ing killer 435 HP stock. My wifes dad has one, Im wanting to line um up when i get home, should be a good run! Think it might end up being a drivers race. We'll see, hes a dick so it would be great to smoke the shit out of it...we'll see lol

Your wife's dad is a dick lol.

Users who are viewing this thread