04 cobra VS 2011 5.0 (I think)

MyNamesAriva

Established Member
while driving back home from work at about 3am last night on the highway i noticed some headlights gaining up on me.....fast. I was cruising at about 65 or 70 so when he caught up i just saw a newer body style mustang blow right past me real fast :fm:. I started to follow him fast enough for him to notice me, I wasnt in the mood to play catch up so i backed off and headed towards my exit since it was coming up anyways. To my surprise the mustang exited on my same exit where i notice that it didint say GT on the back (it just had the running pony emblem) and when i pulled up next to him it just said mustang where the 5.0 badge should b at :dw:. It did have a duel exhaust (which i know the V-6 have as well) but it definately didin't sound like a V-6. Once we exited the highway we came up to a red light where i asked him (What do u have there) He responded (Just the little V8) I responded (is it the 5 O) He said (YUP). At this time the light turned green so i just started to go (Not racing). He started cruising next to me and yelled ( Do u wanna go) I said (Lets go). I thought he was gonna honk us off since we were alredy going but he just started going and going....at about 15 or 20 mph we both just floored it....i spun right towards the end of first wich let him get a little bit in front of me :nono:...... once i threw it to second, everything gripped good and i just walked him pretty good :dancenana:. I shut it down about half way thru 3rd, where i was trying to slow down to give him a thumbs up but he just made a turn and didint even wanna chat anymore. Oh well. My question is....do u think that was a real 5.0 or No?

MyNamesAriva

Established Member
JBA shorties, flowmaster Catback, LFP H/E, Pro 5.0 shifter, JLT CAI, and last but not least......stock pulley lol, I know, I know UNICORN hahaha.

wildaries83

Established Member
No it was not a 5.0. I do not see anyone getting rid of the 5.0 emblems and putting v6 emblems on it. There are some v6 that actually sound pretty decent. But again, driving a cobra would you take off your symbols to put a v6 on it? The v6 do have duel exhaust they also have pony and try bar emblems.

Another way you can tell, by the way, is the lights. Fog lights are completely different on 5.0 than v6. The v6 come with small foglights at the bottom of front fascia. They are wide apart. The 5.0 has them on the inside of the headlights.

Last edited:

MyNamesAriva

Established Member
Yeah, I was kind of suspicious myself, I was just giving the guy the benefit of a doubt. I guess some guys just have to lie to make themself's feel better. The funny part was that the guy still had paper plates on his car.....just bought the car and already lying about what he has.

wildaries83

Established Member
Yeah, nice kill though, the v6 are pretty dang decent for being a v6. Why is it that everyone on here is always going on about the 5.0 and cobra ordeal? I have a new 5.0, I would bet I could beat some cobras. I also bet there are probably more cobras that would beat my 5.0. I don't understand why all the bashing. Was there a list of guys with 5.0 saying none of you will ever touch the 5.0? I will be first to admit there are civics that can hand us our tails. Comes down to the wallet in all reality.

baldie86

Established Member
Yeah, nice kill though, the v6 are pretty dang decent for being a v6. Why is it that everyone on here is always going on about the 5.0 and cobra ordeal? I have a new 5.0, I would bet I could beat some cobras. I also bet there are probably more cobras that would beat my 5.0. I don't understand why all the bashing. Was there a list of guys with 5.0 saying none of you will ever touch the 5.0? I will be first to admit there are civics that can hand us our tails. Comes down to the wallet in all reality.

It comes from several threads where some ignorant 5.0 owners believing their car can beat anything on the road.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
What a souche lol, he meant "just a little v6" lol. What color is your car? I've got mystichrome coupe. I ride down to IB some times. It's mostly parked on base though

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill OP, I too doubt it was a 5.0.

It comes from several threads where some ignorant 5.0 owners believing their car can beat anything on the road.

The Cobra guys were no better than the 5.0 guys in those threads.

408Fox

Established Member

As an innocent bystander, Fox owner, it seems to me the butt hurt flows evenly for cobra owners and new 5.0 owners alike.

Has anyone been able to run a stock cobra vs. Stock 5.0?
That's the only resolution to this bickering. Whoever wins has the faster car and then drop it already. Once the mods begin, it's apples to oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread