04 cobra vs 2008 c6

charliex2

Established Member
Raced my dad's c6 vette today on the interstate, we were suppose to go on 3 honks but a truck was coming up fast on him so he had to hit around 2 so he jumped me. It was from about 55 roll and we stayed pretty close in till about 120 with me slightly ahead then he started to pull me and there were cars ahead so we stopped. Maybe I could get him in quarter mile but top side he has me for sure. Cobra has 2.8 pulley, exhaust, CAI, and a canned tune. Vette only has exhaust...

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Nothing you can do about that. I work with someone that has one, i can take him but when we hit 125 or so he starts creeping up on me.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
you should have beat him. 55roll is too high for 2nd gear, and a dead spot for 3rd gear. do a 40roll in 2nd or a 70 roll in 3rd

your car needs more than a canned tune--it could be running rich, or about to blow--never trust a canned tune with no dyno air/fuel check

charliex2

Established Member
Nothing you can do about that. I work with someone that has one, i can take him but when we hit 125 or so he starts creeping up on me.

Yep nothing for me to do with the set up I have now maybe could of held the lead till about 130 if we hit at same time but not 100% on that he was coming pretty hard lol.

Zeekmann

Established Member
nice, those vetts are quick up top and off the line, but in the middle the Cobra is the mannnn!!!

charliex2

Established Member
nice, those vetts are quick up top and off the line, but in the middle the Cobra is the mannnn!!!

Yea I was also on bad tires was trying to get the race at about 40 on the 3rd horn but like I said he had a truck coming full speed lol and thought he was going to get hit so he jumped me. I could probably beat him 1/4 mile when I get my drag radials on

cah41

Established Member
you should have beat him. 55roll is too high for 2nd gear, and a dead spot for 3rd gear. do a 40roll in 2nd or a 70 roll in 3rd

your car needs more than a canned tune--it could be running rich, or about to blow--never trust a canned tune with no dyno air/fuel check

+1 (on both counts)

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Surprised no one has called BS. The mighty LS3 will never lose to a pullied Cobra.

Great run man. I suggest getting a custom tune ASAP. Those Diable and SCT Canned tunes are the worst man.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Nice kill and it seems about right, If those damn vettes didnt have the aerodynamic advantage they wouldnt pull like they do up top, damn mustangs haha

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I hate to rain on your parade but when I read your post about racing on the interstate with traffic coming up on you and had to shut it down due to traffic that is just fu__ing stupid and reckless!! take it to the track. Can you imaging what could have happened?

charliex2

Established Member
Car not running rich, yea a custom tune would deff help. We was trying to go from 2nd gear 40 but like I said a truck was coming so he didn't slow down enough.

charliex2

Established Member
I hate to rain on your parade but when I read your post about racing on the interstate with traffic coming up on you and had to shut it down due to traffic that is just fu__ing stupid and reckless!! take it to the track. Can you imaging what could have happened?

Nope don't care what could of happened.... back down from my dad on the interstate!!!!! I would have rather wrecked....

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
If you couldn't pull a exhaust LS3 vette, then the tune definitely needs to be tweaked. I pulled a stock LS3 with a M6 in my 2.8 Cobra on a bad tune and slipping clutch.

charliex2

Established Member
People must not be able to read!!! I said he jumped me and we was going 55 instead of 40 and I was still ahead till about 120 lol Learn to read of don't say nothing thanks

Quik Z06

Established Member
If you couldn't pull a exhaust LS3 vette, then the tune definitely needs to be tweaked. I pulled a stock LS3 with a M6 in my 2.8 Cobra on a bad tune and slipping clutch.

Lol, sorry had to laugh (in red)

Im assuming your hp # aren't updated? You pulled an LS3 Vette with a slipping clutch and bad tune? :poke:

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Lol, sorry had to laugh (in red)

Im assuming your hp # aren't updated? You pulled an LS3 Vette with a slipping clutch and bad tune? :poke:

If he runs an 11.40 at 120 then thats faster than any stock ls3 vette so that isnt that hard to believe.....

Users who are viewing this thread