04 Cobra vs 11 GT

hammerhead2

Established Member
My buddy called me a little while back saying he knew a guy with a 11 GT that was wanting a good run and would I be interested. So of course I was. I have a video of this and some pics of our cars together but the Camera my Fiancee took the them on does not have a compatible card with my laptop. So I will get them up as soon as I can but it may be this weekend before I have time.

Any way my car is just a exhaust/tune/cai 04 cobra and has made 425rwhp and run a best of 12.41 @ 114mph on street tires. His car is a M6 11 GT with the 373 gear option and exhaust, tune, cai, and control arms. He has not got his car to a track yet but he timed it on a G-tech and it went 12.27 @ 117. Don't know how accurate those things are. We ran twice. The First run I spun pretty bad and he got about a 2 car to car and half jump on me. Once I hooked I pulled just a touch on him through the midrange and then we just stayed where we were up top. He beat me by about a car and half. The second run I tried to leave softer and bogged it pretty good and beat me a little worse. I kind of wanted to do a roll just to see but a car came and we just decided to head home. So any way when I was not spinning it seemed we were pretty well evenly matched but I could not hook anything like he could. His car chirped the tires a bit and that was about it. Just thought you guys might want to hear how it turned out between the two cars since there seems to be a bit of debate about them.

hammerhead2

Established Member
+1... I wonder how it would turn out if a 2.8 pulley was on the Cobra :-(

LOL I'm pretty sure the pulley would have taking care of the GT. We will see though. He is supposed to be getting headers, 1 piece drive shaft, and Off Road H Pipe for his car and I have a 2.76 pulley at the house and I'm going to pick up some drag radials and then we are going to do it again.

Last edited:

derockgt

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItct5jMZUg&feature=related"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0 VS. 2003 Cobra SVT part 2[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS4JvFjvKVY&feature=related"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0 VS. 2003 Cobra SVT 20mph roll...[/nomedia]

should be similar to these runs

NA_Cobra

Established Member
My buddy called me a little while back saying he knew a guy with a 11 GT that was wanting a good run and would I be interested. So of course I was. I have a video of this and some pics of our cars together but the Camera my Fiancee took the them on does not have a compatible card with my laptop. So I will get them up as soon as I can but it may be this weekend before I have time.

Any way my car is just a exhaust/tune/cai 04 cobra and has made 425rwhp and run a best of 12.41 @ 114mph on street tires. His car is a M6 11 GT with the 373 gear option and exhaust, tune, cai, and control arms. He has not got his car to a track yet but he timed it on a G-tech and it went 12.27 @ 117. Don't know how accurate those things are. We ran twice. The First run I spun pretty bad and he got about a 2 car to car and half jump on me. Once I hooked I pulled just a touch on him through the midrange and then we just stayed where we were up top. He beat me by about a car and half. The second run I tried to leave softer and bogged it pretty good and beat me a little worse. I kind of wanted to do a roll just to see but a car came and we just decided to head home. So any way when I was not spinning it seemed we were pretty well evenly matched but I could not hook anything like he could. His car chirped the tires a bit and that was about it. Just thought you guys might want to hear how it turned out between the two cars since there seems to be a bit of debate about them.

Good runs

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
LOL I'm pretty sure the pulley would have taking care of the GT. We will see though. He is supposed to be getting headers, 1 piece drive shaft, and Off Road H Pipe for his car and I have a 2.76 pulley at the house and I'm going to pick up some drag radials and then we are going to do it again.

Looks like it will be about the same outcome after both of you mod :beer:

hammerhead2

Established Member
Looks like it will be about the same outcome after both of you mod :beer:

Maybe so. I think it will just come down to if I can get those drag radial to hook decent on the street and come off even with him. I would assume at that point I will have a little power on him to be able to pull him a bit, though I may be wrong. Those engines are very impressive thats for sure.

dsmith26

Established Member
Will headers really help the 5.0?? I mean, I've heard it isn't really worth the money/trouble for the minimal power gained...

Great Ford is makin' a bad ass motor, but this is disheartening for us Terminator owners. :(

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Will headers really help the 5.0?? I mean, I've heard it isn't really worth the money/trouble for the minimal power gained...

Great Ford is makin' a bad ass motor, but this is disheartening for us Terminator owners. :(

Yea they pcik up quite alot actually

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kprbn1NrmoA"]YouTube - ARH HEADERS Gain 22-25 RWHP on 2011 GT 5.0[/nomedia]

Last edited by a moderator:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
+1... I wonder how it would turn out if a 2.8 pulley was on the Cobra :-(

great runs OP.

id like to hear how it would turn out with cams and a boss intake on the 2011. right back where this race is. even.

SuperRok

Established Member

Disheartening? You are talking about a 9 year difference in technology. Don't bug me that much.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Both cars are sweet. Not sure which I would pick. Always loved the cobra but the new gt is a beast.

04nccobra

Established Member
The Op does not need a pulley he needs a set of tires :), great story I love hearing about late model near stock cars running...

kyoshosp2

Established Member
good runs.. i had an 04 cobra every bolt on and steggy stage 5.. these new ones are just bad. 9 year difference doesn't matter ur comparing a blown car to NA. also new 5.0 depends on who tuned it. mine with tune and x pipe on stock tires would run 12.03 @ 118 over and over.. and after 100 mph gt500s didn't like it.

Now i have a vortech kit on 5#s and my whipple gt500 buddies don't like it at all.. from 50-160 is fn insane in this thing. next week im going 10#s and meth kit.. i have 540rwhp now hoping for 650rwhp range. hate to say it but other than missing the eaton whineeeee i don't miss my 04 cobra.

OP get that pulley on and tell ur friend to do the headers ,JLT, and boss intake will be a nice race

Users who are viewing this thread