04 Cobra vs 03 stroked Acura cl-s

MrMason

Established Member
04 cobra: K&N intake, SLP exhaust
03 cl-s: 3.2 stroked to 3.7L V6, 11:1 compression, ported heads, 07 tl-s cams, supporting mods, dyno'd at 306whp

cl-s belongs to a good friend of mine. I just got the cobra a few days ago so this was my first race. We were leaving a friends house and got side by side at about 30mph, I was in 2nd. I gave it 3 honks and punched it, lost traction and had to shift into 3rd below my powerband (stupid bald street tires), we were pretty even in 3rd, I pulled maybe a car on him, stopped after 3rd. Second race we did from a stop, first time I've really tried to launch it on these bald tires. Needless to say I spun bad in 1st and he jumped out a car, shifted into second and pulled up to his fender, then spun again so i shifted into 3rd. 3rd gear we got even and I started walking at the top I pulled a car or so, then shifted into 4th and watched the gap grow, 2 cars, 3 cars, bus, I'm not sure exactly how bad it was but he was way back there, went up to about 130 or so. I've already got some 315 nitto DR's coming my way so once I get those on I'm going to need a rematch, hopefully I'll actually get traction in 1st and 2nd then it should really just not be a contest. I definitely need the driver mod right now, granted it was the first time I've launched a manual rwd, but I still need a lot more practice.

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
Yeah really, who bothers to pour all that time and money into a Acura cl? Anyway you still should have killed it. Keep practicing those shifts.

MrMason

Established Member
Who bothers to stroke an Acura CL-S?

Different strokes for different folks. haha

It's a good lookin car. At least he did something different. And it's definitely sleeper. When you roll up next to it you don't expect it to be anything but stock.

n505251231_451175_3725.jpg

n505251231_1847374_1294.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread