04 cobra very loud whine/whirl when coasting.

flynlow

Established Member
First off let me say this is my first post on here im horrible with grammer and im sorry if there is a thread on this i looked buy couldnt find my exact problem.

I just bought this car like 2 months ago it only has 16k miles and it came from godspeed motors in nc it has a whipple, gt axle ,injectors,and 456 gears and a ton of other things ill be the first to say im not very mechanical when it comes to these cars but i have been worried after hearing this whine its very loud and goes away as soon as i tap the gas or push the clutch in :shrug: it sometimes feels as if i have slack under the drivers seat i feel a light tap when i snap the trottle quick or let clutch out in high gear? One more thing its a vert and with the top down its quiet as a church mouse :??:

flynlow

Established Member
Thanks for replying im in fl at the moment i will try and post a video when i return to ky. I thought maybe throwout bearing? Or gear not lashed right its really annoying until i drop the top and then its perfect the guys at pro dyno gave me a thumbs up 2 buy it they had just did some dyno runs with it. I drove almost 8 hours home and it never made a peep

flynlow

Established Member
I just seen your location my car is from that area it has a cage 2
Nos tanks rear seat delete 5 point seat harnesses it is def not a daily driver but it
Hurts forking out all that cash and have to start working on it. Btw my clutch gives a little smell when i really dump on it im assuming with over 650 tq thats prob normal?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Welcome! Very poor Grammar Guy here too. Don't let "some" people get you down ignore them.
As for your problem I don't know. But good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread