04 Cobra Vert vs 11 GT500

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Every time I tried to post yesterday it came up database error, then this morning I had 9 threads started by me with nothing in them lol.

Anyway yesterday on my way home from selling a catback I ran into this 2011 GT500 that was actually parked across the street from where I met the buyer. I made some noise as I was leaving so he might hear me. I get on the highway and sure enough...he pulls up next to me and downshifted to second so i did the same. Nobody honked it off, he went and I imediately followed. We went from 60-140 and he had me by about a car. He pulled a car almost imediately and then we stayed even as we pulled. We pulled over afterwards and he told me he had a Magnaflow C/B and a tune by John Lund. He also told me that he heard me drive by, jumped in his car and chased me down:lol1: I make about 460/490 sae so I think I did pretty good:shrug: Also had the top down so I think that also hurt me on the top side. I dont have a video cause he definitely caught me by surprise, had I of known the top would have been up and I would have had a camera! We took each others #'s so hopefully we'll get together again for some friendly runs and get some video:burnout:
Sorry for taking up so much space on the road kill page yesterday, I had no idea they went through...well half way through:shrug:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Every time I tried to post yesterday it came up database error, then this morning I had 9 threads started by me with nothing in them lol.

Anyway yesterday on my way home from selling a catback I ran into this 2011 GT500 that was actually parked across the street from where I met the buyer. I made some noise as I was leaving so he might hear me. I get on the highway and sure enough...he pulls up next to me and downshifted to second so i did the same. Nobody honked it off, he went and I imediately followed. We went from 60-140 and he had me by about a car. He pulled a car almost imediately and then we stayed even as we pulled. We pulled over afterwards and he told me he had a Magnaflow C/B and a tune by John Lund. He also told me that he heard me drive by, jumped in his car and chased me down:lol1: I make about 460/490 sae so I think I did pretty good:shrug: Also had the top down so I think that also hurt me on the top side. I dont have a video cause he definitely caught me by surprise, had I of known the top would have been up and I would have had a camera! We took each others #'s so hopefully we'll get together again for some friendly runs and get some video:burnout:
Sorry for taking up so much space on the road kill page yesterday, I had no idea they went through...well half way through:shrug:

You definitely did well. Since you're a vert there isn't much of a weight difference and he's easily putting down 500rwhp, (probably more).

Good death.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I keep trying to get my track to let me run with the top down so I can see the difference.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Most people I run into on the street while normal driving don't honk. Sure if you go street racing everyone honks but "normal" people for a lack of a better adjective don't really know about it or what you're doing if you do honk. Having said that; you should've taken the hit since he pulled up on you and was already in the correct gear.

Nice run by the way, you did well anyway.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I just put on my 10.5 reps with NT05 315's so maybe I'll call him up and get a run in from a dig or low roll, with the top up of course! Side note, these tires make a hell of a difference!!! Very happy with my purchase!

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Maybe I can convince a certain Torch Red to come out and play so if the GT500 beats me he'll get humbled in the end. Also the GT500 was on stock tires as it only had 12k on it so a low roll would definitely be in my favor.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Maybe I can convince a certain Torch Red to come out and play so if the GT500 beats me he'll get humbled in the end. Also the GT500 was on stock tires as it only had 12k on it so a low roll would definitely be in my favor.

That would be a douche move imo. It's like getting yourself into a fight and then expecting your friends to protect you. Just run him and have fun win, lose, or draw.

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
That would be a douche move imo. It's like getting yourself into a fight and then expecting your friends to protect you. Just run him and have fun win, lose, or draw.

Douche move huh, you are completely wrong on that one!:dw: I dont care if I win or lose its all in fun for me and the guys I'm talking about. You don't like to meet other enthusiasts with fast cars? Whether they are faster than you or not? When I had my old cobra I used to lose to a friends Vette almost every time we raced, but I always came back for more because it was fun. Only friendly competition between friends!

Users who are viewing this thread