04 Cobra Torque Boxes

cobra21987

Established Member
Hey everyone i got a 2004 Mustang cobra with a solid rear axle and i got the torque box reinforcements from latemodel restoration and was wondering how hard these are to put in our is there a right up on how to do it? Thanks alot

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
You'll have to pull the rear seats and carpet...i personally don't think the rein enforcements are necessary.

shurur

Established Member
As I understand it...most folks just get the IRS under seams welded along with possibly the inner shock tower "bumps"...if anything at all...along with a real subframes.

someone on here is bound to have done it though...post pics if you get a chance!!

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Get TQ boxes. You will rip your mounts with time if you're over 500hp. Don't ask these cobra guys here they are clueless. Go on the other forums and look at the guys with high HP GTs. They all have TQ boxes. Wonder why?

Speed Demon

Established Member
Definitely put the torque box reinforcements in since you have a solid axle. They are pretty easy to install, most bolt in and then you have them welded up. I always recommend to have the torque boxes themselves, where they mount to the body, welded up as well.

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
I just did them in my 04 and it was a pretty straight forward install. You will need a heat gun to scrape the sound deadening off the floor where the inner plates mount.

Users who are viewing this thread