04 Cobra SuperCharger

Eric-EFI

Established Member
Hello, first time on the site...just recently purchased a wrecked o4 Cobra with 35k. Someone had put after-market pulleys on from BilletFlow, than started to remove before I got the car. Is there anyway to determine what size S/C pulley might have been on the car, belt is Gatorback 4080772. Looks like the crank pulley is alum. and about 8 3/8' dia. (is that stock)? I went to BilletFlow's site and they have some really nice stuff, lots of info as well. Would the computer have been reprogrammed...could is tell me:shrug:? Thanks for the info, Eric

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
welcome. There is no way to tell what size pulley he had on it. Does it have the stock one on there now? Most likely he put the stock belt back on and that is what you have. If he did not give you a handheld tuner with the car then it most likely does not have the computer reprogrammed. The computer is located behind the passengers side kick panel inside the car. Look to see if it has been removed and if there is a chip plugged into the side of it. If you have no chip and no tuner then it has not been reprogrammed. If I were you I would start looking into getting a dyno tune. This way you can have your whole car diagnosed for any problems and the tuner can fix them for you. From what I hear Amazon Tuning Solutions will sell you a handheld tuner for $400 that already has a base tune on it. Then whenever you add mods to the car, they will update the tune for free. An experienced tuner will be able to give you the best advice on how to go about modding your cobra. If it were me I would get a 2.8 upper and 4# lower pulley, JLT short ram intake, NGK TR6 Plugs, exhaust, and tune for starters....

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
welcome. There is no way to tell what size pulley he had on it. Does it have the stock one on there now? Most likely he put the stock belt back on and that is what you have. If he did not give you a handheld tuner with the car then it most likely does not have the computer reprogrammed. The computer is located behind the passengers side kick panel inside the car. Look to see if it has been removed and if there is a chip plugged into the side of it. If you have no chip and no tuner then it has not been reprogrammed. If I were you I would start looking into getting a dyno tune. This way you can have your whole car diagnosed for any problems and the tuner can fix them for you. From what I hear Amazon Tuning Solutions will sell you a handheld tuner for $400 that already has a base tune on it. Then whenever you add mods to the car, they will update the tune for free. An experienced tuner will be able to give you the best advice on how to go about modding your cobra. If it were me I would get a 2.8 upper and 4# lower pulley, JLT short ram intake, NGK TR6 Plugs, exhaust, and tune for starters....

most tuners will tune through the obdll port and just reflash the pcm. it looks like it is a 4lb lower and 2.76 upper

Eric-EFI

Established Member
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I'll check to see if the computer has been touched.

Users who are viewing this thread