04 Cobra nitrous micro-switch mounting problem

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
ok so i can't figure this out. I have a universal wet kit for my 04 Cobra, and i've searched high and low for a way to mount the microswitch to my throttle body and cant get it to sit right. if it makes a difference i have an accufab oval throttle body and plenum. i really need some guidance or some pictures of people who have done it. my last resort is to mount it under my gas pedal which i'd rather not do. please help me!!!

thanks in advance - Vinny

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
have a question first, did you buy a window switch? if you did, which one did you buy?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
#1 imo do not run a nitrous kit w/o a window switch, you are asking for trouble. Say the tires spin quickly to fuel cutoff rpms the nitrous continues on and poof. You miss a shift same deal.
#2 I made a L bracket out of alum sheet to mount the switch right by the tb lever. The tb lever contacts the wot sw lever at 95% open approx. Here maybe you can see it if you download save and magnify. Right above the tb lever and shaft. Has 2 s/s mounting screws w a lever. Just something I made up. Bracket I used one of the tb mounting studs to secure bracket.

1-07-04.jpg

95SC

Banned
I'm using an electronic NX tps WOT switch and it works great.You don't need any brackets with this ,just have to hook up a wire to one of the TPS sensor wires.MSD digital window switch is very nice because it doesn't require a tech adapter on our engines and it can be adjusted so easy.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Ya myself I'm using a progressive fjo mini w the 2 stage sol. output. It accepts about any tb input, wot switch and a 2nd input, tranny brake, clutch switch or so on. Electronic rpm pickup, any engine. Window setting all that good stuff. Just never changed over to a tb wire setup.

Users who are viewing this thread