04 cobra need help!!! Tires rubbing

50hoes

Established Member
Hey guys so a while back i got my front end re done new kmember and a arms and at first it wasnt rubbing but now the front wheels are rubbing from the back side of the rims they are rubbing on the coilover anybody know why that would happen? I went in for a alignmeny today thinking it would fix it but it made it worse

50hoes

Established Member
83bdcc3c462cabdd18c743cb147e960f.jpg

50hoes

Established Member
da24f0eb834114a088bc1f76df837f57.jpg

Theres the pics guys please help i hate messing up my wheels from behind and that noise is unbearable for me

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you had clearance before you should have it now. I know you can adjust the spindle in relation to the strut a little. Maybe they slotted the holes and moved the strut closer to make up camber. You can always run a small spacer to move the rim out.

50hoes

Established Member
If you had clearance before you should have it now. I know you can adjust the spindle in relation to the strut a little. Maybe they slotted the holes and moved the strut closer to make up camber. You can always run a small spacer to move the rim out.

How do i adjust the spindle? And no spacers please my fromt wheels are far out as it is

50hoes

Established Member
No the rims are not new and ok i will try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
If it started after the front end work.... Judging by the marks on those cc plates are they installed the correct way? Also looks like the fender liner was trimmed.

Last edited:

50hoes

Established Member
If it started after the front end work.... Judging by the marks on those cc plates are they installed the correct way? Also looks like the fender liner was trimmed.

They are installed correctly, the alignment shop told me my k member needs to be pushed back 1 inch ao coul that be the reason the wheels hitting from the back?

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
QA1 K-members do move your front wheels forward right around an inch over stock on these cars, sometimes more depending on the car and the fit. They are more of a drag racing K member as opposed to the others on the market, UPR, MM, PA Racing etc. Some use Fox body A-arms with the QA1's do get their wheels back in spec. Im thinking the design of the K-member along with the width of your wheels is the issue. Google the QA1's and you'll find people with the same problem.

bkh1994

Established Member
I have the same problem on my car. To fix it, I just raised it until it stopped rubbing. It's still decently low. If I ever want to go lower, I can just get some wheel spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread