04 Cobra Motor/Trans with Aluminator Block

Yellow Iron

One of the Fab Five Fords
Established Member
Do to circumstances beyond my control, I parting out my 04 Cobra street/track car. The first thing to go will be the motor and trans. This was built and tuned in my shop with my over 30 years of Ford experience. It runs awesome and makes great power.

2004 Cobra Motor and Transmission. 5K miles
New FRPP Aluminator block
CP pistons .020 over
Manley H-beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts
New Forged Cobra Crank
Melling Billet oil pump
Speed Pro bearings, balanced and blueprinted
Canton road race oil pan
Evans oil outlet or stock oil cooler
Stock 04 Heads with hand lapped valves

2.3 Generation II Whipple supercharger
Accufab single blade throttle body
530 RW HP @ 13 psi with conservative tune
560 RW HP @ 15 psi with conservative tune
Never ran any higher than 15 psi. Most Gen II Whipples will make 590-600 rwhp at 19 psi.
60 lb. fuel injectors
SCT BA2800 mass air flow meter
K&N FIPK (filter damaged)
Fidanza flywheel
Centerforce dual friction clutch
10-spline T56 6-speed transmission
Complete conversion including PCM, wiring harness, XCal with custom tune, Cobra tank and pumps, with PRP removed, Kenne Bell Boostapump
Billetflow accessory pullies
AC eliminator
Complete with stock ’04 radiator, coolant tank, supercharger tank, all hoses, brackets, belts, alternator, and heat exchanger
Available AFCO heat exchanger and Griffin 1.25 core upgraded radiator at additional cost
No damage, can hear run, can inspect with pan off after pulling engine.

$11,000 or best offer over that
No low ball deals or trades.
I will be parting out the rest of the cat later including interior parts and the Cobra R seats. PM me or reply if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
How much for just the Longblock? Don't need the trans and the engine and Whipple may be out of my price range pm sent.

Last edited:

Yellow Iron

Established Member
I'm not going to split it up at this point. If it doesn't sell here, it will go to Ebay. If it still doesn't sell I may consider splitting it. No interior parts will go untill the motor/trans is gone. I'm still considering fixing the car. Here are some pics.
SVT-Ebay001.jpg

SVT-Ebay007.jpg

SVT-Ebay002.jpg

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Go find a roller for a few thousand and swap it over to that instead of getting rid of a really good drivetrain.

Hell you could probably sell the wipple and cobra R seats and buy a good roller with that money alone. Put a stock eaton on for now and some stock seat and roll till you can upgrade the eaton and seats.

On top of that Buddy of mine has a nice 99 cobra roller, with solid axel swap, full black interior, and 6 point MMS cage, etc., etc. for $5K. He might even trailor half way if he got for full asking price, or will ship at buyers expense. If interested pm me and I will get him to send pics.

If not GLWS.

Last edited:

Yellow Iron

Established Member
Yes at some point I will sell everything. Keep in mind that I own a Mustang shop and most of that type of parts will get sold here. When I get it apart, I'll get in contact with everyone that replied or pm'ed Thanks for the replys!!!!

Last edited:

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
This may help you
[ame=http://www.nmradigital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96907]04 cobra roller fs 13k miles clean title - NMRA Ford Nationals Series Forum[/ame]

LBCobra

LONG BEACH TERMI
Established Member
interested as well in a few things my email is [email protected] shoot me an email after ur ebay ends. you practically have all kind of buyers from here from almost everything if u split it, u should consider might even make more money off it this way

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sent you a pm last week and hadn't heard back from you, but I'm very interested in the MM STB, if you will sell that separately.

Yellow Iron

Established Member
Is that you Marv?
If so why are you selling? You building another track car?[/QUO

Yes that's me. I collected the wall in turn 8 at RA at the last event of the year in 09. The car was damaged enough body wise to not warrant fixing it. I'm building a new 04 Cobra with a full cage as an allout race car. that's why I'm parting it out.

Users who are viewing this thread