04 Cobra IRS poly bushings

Solo500

Established Member
I didn't want to make a new thread... but I am getting MM Poly subframe bushings, Poly control arm bushings, and Poly differential mounts.

My mechanic says it takes a lot of labor and is wanting to charge me $600, is that right?

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I didn't want to make a new thread... but I am getting MM Poly subframe bushings, Poly control arm bushings, and Poly differential mounts.

My mechanic says it takes a lot of labor and is wanting to charge me $600, is that right?

I was quoted $350+parts/fluids by a good shop in Kennesaw, GA to change just the diff mounts and install an IRS brace on my Cobra.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
If you set fire to the cradle bushings ( take the IRS out of the car first!!) with a propane torch the will burn almost completely out. Don't do this in your garage the fumes are a bitch!!y

viper82489

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/suspension-258/260665-complete-irs-delrin-uhmw-alum-bushing-kit-w-adj-sway-bar-links-bumpsteer-kit.html

Here read the entire first post it will probably answer any qustion you have about a bushing install, and while your there just skip the urethane and buy one of his delrin kits it is well worth the money. I bought his full kit and installed it myself it took me and a friend 16 hours and the difference was unbelievable the car felt like it was on rails compared to stock. If you have decent wrenching skills it really not that hard just takes a wile. The only downside to the solid bushings is the increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) but the increase was minimal and I dont even notice it any more.

Belive me you will not be disappointed with this kit.

Users who are viewing this thread