04 cobra interior panels

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Well guys I figured I'd go ahead and post here. Sadly to say last april at a car show, my mint 04 cobra mustang took a turn for the worse when a small 4 year old girl threw a rock and shattered my rear window. After finally resolving the issue with insurance, the installer of the new glass scratched my plastic interior up during installation. Needless to say it is totally unacceptable the workmanship or lack there of that this guy did. He ended up scratching/gouging my passenger side rear quarter panel, also both passenger side louver window interior trim and the center console facing the rear seats. I have looked threw pics of these pieces at junkyards and they just aren't what i'm looking for. I'm looking for brand new, not scratched/gouged or faded pieces. So basically new. Ford no longer makes them. Can anyone here shine a light on what I can do here in order to find new parts (if there are any out there) or are there companies who can refurb them? American muscle and most AM companies don't even make these parts!:cryying:

Zemedici

Established Member
latemodelrestoration will have everything you need, Post in their vendor section on the forum, or PM Jarrod.

dom418

Established Member
That sucks man! Sorry to hear about that as I know you are as anal I am. What kind of kid throws rocks at a car anyway? Unreal

mrose75

Established Member
What kind of parent lets kids throw rocks "AT A CAR SHOW"!?!?!? That blows my mind more than the tool that messed up the interior panel or that it seems like it was a problem to get it resolved with the insurance company. WTH?

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Well guys I figured I'd go ahead and post here. Sadly to say last april at a car show, my mint 04 cobra mustang took a turn for the worse when a small 4 year old girl threw a rock and shattered my rear window. After finally resolving the issue with insurance, the installer of the new glass scratched my plastic interior up during installation. Needless to say it is totally unacceptable the workmanship or lack there of that this guy did. He ended up scratching/gouging my passenger side rear quarter panel, also both passenger side louver window interior trim and the center console facing the rear seats. I have looked threw pics of these pieces at junkyards and they just aren't what i'm looking for. I'm looking for brand new, not scratched/gouged or faded pieces. So basically new. Ford no longer makes them. Can anyone here shine a light on what I can do here in order to find new parts (if there are any out there) or are there companies who can refurb them? American muscle and most AM companies don't even make these parts!:cryying:

Yeesh! Reading this made me pretty sick to my stomach! What's wrong with kids!? Every now and then when I need some oddball parts I've tried MPS Auto Sorry I wasn't much help on this but let me know if there's ever anything I can lend a hand with!

Alex

cj428mach

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. I remember when you bought my Snake emblem you were very proud of your car and wanted to make sure the part I was selling was worthy of your mint condition car. I could only imagine how sick I'd be if something happened to my car.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
What kind of parent lets kids throw rocks "AT A CAR SHOW"!?!?!? That blows my mind more than the tool that messed up the interior panel or that it seems like it was a problem to get it resolved with the insurance company. WTH?
I did allow the insurance to handle it. Unfortunately after examining the car the day of pick up, I missed the scratches. The interior was already so dark as it is, I really regret not looking deeper.

Yeesh! Reading this made me pretty sick to my stomach! What's wrong with kids!? Every now and then when I need some oddball parts I've tried MPS Auto Sorry I wasn't much help on this but let me know if there's ever anything I can lend a hand with!

Alex
Well Alex if you or anyone you know has any idea or any company that can refurbish these pieces let me know. That's kind of where i'm at right now. Since the parts are discontinued.
Sorry to hear about this. I remember when you bought my Snake emblem you were very proud of your car and wanted to make sure the part I was selling was worthy of your mint condition car. I could only imagine how sick I'd be if something happened to my car.
It's felt like crap. I hated it. Hate it even more now that it became this domino effect of bad things.
That sucks man! Sorry to hear about that as I know you are as anal I am. What kind of kid throws rocks at a car anyway? Unreal
You know more than anyone else in the chat how great the interior was. It's your old car. It is a 10/10....was at least.

mrose75

Established Member
No, I can expect crap from an insurance company..... But rocks at car shows. It should be legal to practice corporal punishment on other people and their children in your case.

Tractionless1

Established Member

Just about all of them now a days. I'd sue them civilly forcing them to pay rather than making an insurance claim, that'll fix their parenting (un)skills. Morons don't get it until it starts costing them money.

On another note the OP's issue with the installer seems like how it goes lately, zero regard for other people's property and a rush job turns into damage. Again, just like the brat's parents, the installer needs to be held responsible for the damage they caused. The "system" will make it hard on you to gain what's rightfully yours, it's designed to make you give up. See it through, make them feel the burn you're experiencing due to the damage/loss. Contact the ins. co. tell them of the post glass install damage, push that it gets fixed with zero cost to you as it's no fault of your own. Do the same to the glass co and if you paid a deductible with a CC get them involved.

As far as repairing interior parts goes see if there's a provider in your area, I hear they work miracles.
http://myinteriormagic.com

dom418

Established Member
Issue is the OPs car is mint and is only factory once. Sure the girls parents and the installer should be castrated, but at the end of the day, finding OEM parts for a 10 year old car is damn near impossible. And used parts may never be the same quality as what was on his car, even the rear window will never be the same glass or what it looked like from Ford.

cj428mach

Established Member
Issue is the OPs car is mint and is only factory once. Sure the girls parents and the installer should be castrated, but at the end of the day, finding OEM parts for a 10 year old car is damn near impossible. And used parts may never be the same quality as what was on his car, even the rear window will never be the same glass or what it looked like from Ford.

The good news is lots of low mileage cars are being parted out all the time. A guy just parted out a 12k mile car on here that just had a front end collision. Of any car to be searching for mint parts the 03/04 cobras are probably the easiest to find.......I say that after looking for about 6 months to find a master cylinder reservoir worthy of my low mileage car lol.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
On another note the OP's issue with the installer seems like how it goes lately, zero regard for other people's property and a rush job turns into damage. Again, just like the brat's parents, the installer needs to be held responsible for the damage they caused. The "system" will make it hard on you to gain what's rightfully yours, it's designed to make you give up. See it through, make them feel the burn you're experiencing due to the damage/loss.
http://myinteriormagic.com

amen to that. had to try 3 times to get a fridge delivered without getting damaged through Sears. Every time they damaged the house and the fridge. We got like $450 of sears gift cards and a $250 refund on the credit card so I decided I'd just let it be, but it was super frustrating. Keep plugging OP and good luck!

Greenwood1982

Established Member

Luckily Dom, my rear window is a ford oem window for mustangs. I made sure of it. Now the interior becomes the hard part.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
http://i60.tinypic.com/14bq443.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/dfdfds.jpg
w6z034.jpg

r0b3vb.jpg

Here they are

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Man that sucks, I bet that's all you see now when you get in the car. Good luck finding mint parts to replace yours.

Users who are viewing this thread