04 cobra fuel ???

2face

Established Member
i have 2 gt pumps 2 fpdms and 1 kb boosta pump. now ive been plauged with fuel psi issues. talked with tj at kenne bell he suggest i run 2 kb boosta pumps.i know they sell a duel modual for $500. like i said i have a bap already so i purchased another bap and was told to run 2 baps 2 gt pumps and 2 fpdm's. question is does anyone else run this set up? please i am at my end here tryin to figure this out. Tj said the duel is the same thing just in 1 box as i will be running 2 baps(modules) need the wiring how to.thanks again:rockon:

2face

Established Member
i know man but im already commited having a boosta pump. buy another boosta pump for$250. an its just like buyin the dual boosta pump set up for $500. T.J at kenne bell told me its the same other than having 1 big modual (boosta pump)that does the same thing i will have 2. didnt mean to sound like a dic sorry man

2face

Established Member
really it cost me a motor already the tuner said that baps are junk and took it out of my cobra.

cobracide

Established Member
What you have here is a tuner/installer that doesn't know how to work with a bap. There are many cobras with baps running just fine. I suggest going to another tuner/installer with bap and extensive fuel system experience. Rip everything out and start over on the fuel system. IS the bap a 40a? I hope so. Install the bap pre-fpdm.

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
man thats suck about your motor but i would sell everything and go with a stand alone it would only be $1200 give or take

2face

Established Member
well first the tuner told me i needed 2 gt pumps i put them in he tried to tune it and could not.then had me get the 2 fpdms from Lp and tried that thats when he pulled the bap out said they dont work and continued to try and tune the car

2face

Established Member
of course you know what happened next BOOM!!! so now i dont evan know where a/f, timming is at.well i installed all parts as the directions instructed you say instal bap before fpdm's. why? just wondering cause they told me at KB to install the bap after the fpdm's so please any ideas or help i would appreciate thank you

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
i got a friend runnin twins 57s he has twin gt pumps bap and mod fpdm and he is good on fuel and he makes 800+rwhp at 25 psi

TORQJNKY

Your problem might be how you have your single BAP hooked up to drive 2 FPDM's. If you hooked it up the way you do for a single FPDM, it's not going to work for you. Do you have the wire upgrade kit for you BAP and do you have a single or dual micro switch for the wire upgrade?

2face

Established Member
i have nothing hooked up now untill the other bap gets here. yes i have 2 wire upgrades for 2 baps also have 2 fpdm's wiring harness from lethal with the 2 fpdm's

2face

Established Member
oh what is the micro switch? is that to turn on bap? cause i just soldered the wires so it runs all the time it does not come on by boost. thanks for helping

2face

Established Member
it was at 18lbs. i got the wire upgrade but didnt get any switch there was a 4 wire plug already hooked into the dual harness for the fpdm's its a modual or somthing. oh and i have just a single boosta pump got it from kb so it should be for the cobra

TORQJNKY

it was at 18lbs. i got the wire upgrade but didnt get any switch there was a 4 wire plug already hooked into the dual harness for the fpdm's its a modual or somthing. oh and i have just a single boosta pump got it from kb so it should be for the cobra

You should have plenty of gas with GT pumps, Dual FPDM and Dual Harness at 18psi without a BAP:shrug:. I guess I should have called it a relay vice micro switch.

idk if its 20 amp or 40 bap, i know i had to change the fuse to a 30 amp when i got the kit

What size fuse was the one you replaced. I if was a 15 or 20amp fuse, you might only have a 20amp BAP. If it was a 30 amp fuse you should have a 40amp BAP. Regardless you shouldn't need it for what you are trying to tune for.

Read through this thread and see if you can get any data you need. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/567414-my-dual-fpdm-progess.html. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will send you a pic of how I hooked up my single 40 amp BAP to my Dual Harness and GT pumps in preparation for E85.

2face

Established Member
i know but the engine blew up do to severe detonation the heads and pistons were ate away so they recomend 2 baps one for either side

Users who are viewing this thread