04 Cobra F1a question

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Im currently in the process of installing this set up on the car. I will be upgrading it with the 8 rib set-up. I know that the eatons, whipples, and kb's all have there limit with overspinning. What is the smallest pulley of should I say what is the highest hp that this F1a can hold with the stock motor. Thanks

thug9cole

Established Member
hmm

are u a cop? I called procharger bout the kit and they said to wait for the reversion its gonna be wayyy better than the current one im gonna go with blowzilla 2.4 looks 2 pimp ;) & capable of 10's in 1/4 mile on irs thats good enough for me

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
You let me know if you can overspin a 2.4L KB on a stock motor.

Say buh bye to low end torque with that Procharger.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
unit213 said:

Say buh bye to low end torque with that Procharger.[/QUOTE

That still doesnt answer my question :poke:

thug9cole

Established Member
i dont see a point in this but why not

ok im half educated now on blowers and i think the kb rules i was thinkin bout procharger till i heard belt slip etc etc u need non irs supsension no thnx

k heres mods for a 700 hp kb

2.4 kb kb boost a pump kb boost a spark big oval throttle body switch chip & 2400 kg metter 60 pound injectors bassani exhaust headers & x pipe crowner street cams denso u grove plugs & centerforce clutch & flywheel

9.80/142mph

all this info is from kenne bell themself with dyno graph to prove it guy who owns it says "the 2.4 is like having a 300 shot of nitrous at any rpm 2,000-6000"

either route u go u get badass power upgrades but i just think kb is best to me cause its a daily driver not a trailer queen and i want to keep my irs :)

LSs1Power

Established Member
SOLISIMO said:
Im currently in the process of installing this set up on the car. I will be upgrading it with the 8 rib set-up. I know that the eatons, whipples, and kb's all have there limit with overspinning. What is the smallest pulley of should I say what is the highest hp that this F1a can hold with the stock motor. Thanks

Assuming the F1a is the same as the F1 then it has 70,000 RPM limit and 5.0:1 step up ratio. So to max it u will need 7.5" crank pulley, 6800RPM and 3.6 blower pulley to max the blower. Or even better 8" 6800RPM and 3.8" blower pulley. The larget the crank pulley the less belt slippage u get and the more boost u make earlier in the RPM. Im guessing this should net u boost levels between 25-29psi on a 4.6 4v motor. Good luck.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
It makes the same torque and more hp... just look at the numbers.

Same bottom end torque? Centrifugal blowers make power/torque high at high rpm as opposed to positive displacement blowers. I'm sure you know that though. I'd like to see real world numbers.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
unit213 said:

Say buh bye to low end torque with that Procharger.

This thread was started as an informative posts to see what my F1a can do. I obviously already choose the Procharger and not the KB since I think its a piece of shit. So I would greatly appreciate it that if you do not have any information pertaining to my thread that you go a play on someone else's, thank you :kaboom:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
SOLISIMO said:
This thread was started as an informative posts to see what my F1a can do. I obviously already choose the Procharger and not the KB since I think its a piece of shit. So I would greatly appreciate it that if you do not have any information pertaining to my thread that you go a play on someone else's, thank you :kaboom:

No problem. Sorry about that. Good luck with that thing.

TheSVTKid

Established Member
If you want to get a bigger Crank pulley so that you can run a large blower pulley, and thus have more belt wrap.

Contact Inovators West. They make oversized 8 rib crank pulleys for 4.6's that are also great balancers.

To make sure you don't over spin the blower just use this math formula.

Crank pulley / Blower pulley * Gear Ratio of Blower * Max Engine RPM = Blower Impeller Speed.

The max Impeller speed of a F1-A is 74,000 according to ProChargers website.

Have fun, and hang on.
EA

SVTHorsnake

Banned
unit213 said:
Same bottom end torque? Centrifugal blowers make power/torque high at high rpm as opposed to positive displacement blowers. I'm sure you know that though. I'd like to see real world numbers.

he didn't want it here, pm sent.

ian022

Established Member
solisimo,
do you and your buddies have syrup guzzling contests like the guys in supertroopers?? ha just kidding..."baco cheeseburger, it's for a cop...no, i just said that so he makes it good" love that show.
Ian

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
ian022 said:
solisimo,
do you and your buddies have syrup guzzling contests like the guys in supertroopers?? ha just kidding..."baco cheeseburger, it's for a cop...no, i just said that so he makes it good" love that show.
Ian

Littering and Littering and Littering and smoking the reefer :burn:

blownstang01

Established Member
E.A. said:
If you want to get a bigger Crank pulley so that you can run a large blower pulley, and thus have more belt wrap.

Contact Inovators West. They make oversized 8 rib crank pulleys for 4.6's that are also great balancers.

EA

I don't believe you can run a bigger balancer on the '03/'04 cobra's because the factory balancer has a threaded hub on it to attach the outer "caged" pulley. At least I have not found anyone making one. I agree a larger lower would be good to increase belt wrap at the top, but I don't think it's possible on the '03.

Stanger46

Established Member
F1-a

The 3.6 pulley that comes with the A unit is big enough to blow a stock motor. You should see around 20-22 lbs with that pulley, A 3.4 pulley will net you about 26 lbs. You are right, you can't change the lower pulley so the upper is the only one you have to worry about. Neither on of these pulleys will overspin the blower until well over 7K.

The F1-A is rated to 74,000 rpm and has a stepup of 5.73-1, that is why it doesn't lose low end torque, and that is why it kicks all the KB's butts.

-Paul

thug9cole

Established Member
donuts donuts *Grin

just answering unit ;P i know ur joking ne wayz :poke: i was gonna get a procharger till i called and the guy on the phone was like NOO u dont want this kit were redoing it wait for the reversion its gonna be sooo much better oh ya and by the way u gotta change from irs.. bleh i aint changing from irs i like me irs :p

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Stanger...so you are saying you should build the motor before swapping in to the F1-A? Just curious b/c this was the setup im looking in to as well

Users who are viewing this thread