'04 Cobra Drivetrain Question

Emil

Established Member
Hey guys,
Just got my '04 Cobra and I have a question about the drivetrain. I'm just getting used to it coming from a Focus 5-spd but it seems that the drivetrain is pretty noisy especially in like the mid gears. It also seems to have a bit of slop and because I'm not shifting real smoothly yet I get some loading/unloading clank.
Have you guys experienced anything like this or should I take it back. It had a card saying it was one of the selected cars for quality control so I should assume everything is good but ?
Comments please.
Thanks

1992B4C

Established Member
100% Normal! Enjoy. Clankiness goes away after you get used to shifting the car.

My 03 did it and I took it in...Right now it's still there and they are replacing the Rear end and drive shaft. The tech at the shop pulled the cover off the rear and he could fit a .075 feeler between the ring and pinion at the mesh point!!!! I will let you know if when I get it back it is 100% gone or not!

Emil

Established Member
Thanks for the replies,
Sounds like no emergency then if it's anything at all. I'll put some miles on it and see where it's at after a few thousand.
This car will pull some serious g's thats for sure.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Get a Tri-Ax and it will remove the slop. Our tranny is noiser as it is a much beefier unit which it needs to be to hold the power.

Venomous27

Inked Up
Established Member
hey i just got mine a few days ago and mine does that too (noisy) but appartently once it's "broken in" it should lessen (at least that's what people told me, so...) we should be fine... you and i can keep a monitor on each other and see how it goes... but like the others said... all the money went to the engine on this car... it's no Mercedes or BMW ... but it's sure fast!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread