04 cobra cuts out at wot

Dark_Times

Established Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Times

Established Member
04 cobra hiccups I know this is an old blog but having the same issue wish I can figure it out. Had bob k tuned it like a couple of years ago and hardly drive the car but took it to the track and wot from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 falls right on its face

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

olympic

Established Member
Sounds like you need to delete the PPRV in the fuel tank, a common issue on these cars when modded and shifted hard at redline. Plenty of threads on it here if you search "pprv delete"

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it's a new development I would datalog and see what the fuel pressure is doing. The PPRV delete won't fix a failing pump.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Most likely pprv. I had it happen over and over two weeks ago, frustrating.
Ran into my tuner, mentioned it to him and he did a touch up. Will give that a shot, otherwise yanking the tank.

Dark_Times

Established Member
Well I already did the pprv delete and I have ford gt fuel pumps in there as well so I know it aint those because its still does it at wide open throttle but just cruising its fine idle just fine but wot just like it losses power i have a video to show yall from the drag strip last Friday night. The video to show you what it does and lol no I didnt miss third or forth thats what I mean hiccups.
Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you log the run? If your pumps are good your tuner should be able to tune it out.

Users who are viewing this thread