04 Cobra build numbers are available!

Bobrammer

Established Member
The build numbers fro 04 Cobras are out. I'm number 656 of 3,768 coupes. Mine was built 01 December 2003.

Call 1-800 FordSVT with the last six digits of your vin to get your build number. He said they should have breakdowns on colors etc in 2 - 3 weeks.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Woo Hoo, post of the day!!!!!!!!!

I'm #1015 of 3768 & #261 of 515 Mystichrome coupes. The breakdown for the MC was 515 coupes & 495 'verts.

Time to change my sig.:burnout:

Last edited:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Shit, forgot to ask my build date, Does it vary from what is on the window sticker? Mine says 12/12/03

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
mystichromecoupe, my car says it was built on the 14th, but he said it was built on the 16th...... Maybe the engine was built on the 14th, and it was put in on the 16th.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by pennywisegt
remember, if you look on the driver side valve cover just underneith the master cylinder, it will tell you the car's birth date as well.

I assumed that was the engine's build date:shrug:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I just called them back, mine was built on 12/22. Got more info while I was at it.

5664 '04 Cobra's built
3768 coupes, 515 were mystichrome
1896 'verts, 496 were mystichrome

I also asked about the engine build date, he said he had no way of finding that out.

I'll double check the tag on the engine, but I don't remember it saying 12/22/03.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
LOL...what pandamonium! When I called, as soon as the guy picked up the phone, I could hear phones ringing off the hook in the background, and the roar of people giving production numbers. LOL. The guy didn't sound that enthused to hear from me. He said, "SVT, how can I help you..." but it came with a tone that said, "YEAH WHAT?!!??"

:lol:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I will not be posting my number because SVT has used that information in the past to prove modificiations or abuse when voiding warranties. I don't plan on ever asking for any warranty work, but I wont post my build numbers because I have a general distaste for "big-brother" tactics.

The Lightning community was hit very hard by printouts of message board posts as reasons for warranties being voided.

If you dont post your build number, or VIN, they have no way to connect your posts with your car and name.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread