04 COBRA AutoX Video

dhummm

Established Member
Hi All,
Here is a video of my 2004 Cobra at a recent AutoX at Devens in Ayer MA. I haven’t done many links so I hope it works. The video gives you a pretty good feel for the SVTOA autocross events. The out side vid is the same section as the very end of the in car section. Photobucket turns the quality into crap but you will get the picture, I guess I need to get my own dot com or something. If anyone knows where to upload high quality vids please let me know, I have a bunch of vids in high quality.

Gotta Love that Blower Wine…….

Enjoy,
Ralph
2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt=081206AutoXL.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

-------------------------------------------------------

TRXboy

Established Member
Hell yeah man, good driving, finally someone that uses the rear suspension the right way:rockon:. Done anything to it, Sounds like it.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Great driving dhummm. I didn't hear you hit any cones so I think you did well. Seeing the outside footage of your car shows that the car handles better then I thought. Any mods to your suspension? It sounds like you have a Bassani exhaust too... :shrug: I could be wrong. ;-)

dhummm

Established Member
Hi All,
Wow, I put this up late last night I didn’t expect so many views/posts (cool) glad you all like it. I will try to answer the comments below. If I missed anything let me know.

Ralph-
:banana:

EXHAUST:
-SLP X pipe with high flow cats
-Magnaflow cat back with 3 1/2:” tips. It’s pretty loud but I wouldn't want it any other way.
-I bought baffles for the rear to tone it down during inspection but I haven't tried them to see how much they help.

SUSPENSION MODS:
-MM tubular lower control arms with Poly bushings
-MM Strut tower
-MM CC plates
-MM Coil over kit
-375 lb springs
-IRS Brace
-MM alum rack bushing with new spherical mounts
-MM Quadrant & firewall adjuster
-Will do Delrin IRS Bushing kit for next season

MISC:
-Front ride height with in ¼ inch of stock
-Rear height lowered to match front (cut spring)
-14mm bolt mod
-MM button head bolt mod also
-MGW Shifter
-Sub frame connectors (who doesn’t)
-Welded torque boxes
-Hawk HPS brake pads

TIRES:
Race:
-Kumho V710 race tires in the front 275’s on 9” Cobra R’s
-Hoosier autocross race tire rear 315’s on 10.5” Cobra R’s
Street:
-Goodyear D3’s the front 275’s on 9” Chrome
-Goodyear D3’s rear 285’s on 10.5” (the D3 315’s are too wide for car they rub inside and outside with spacers and fender well hammered) Chrome

ENGINE:
-Lots of typical 03/04 stuff / 510 RWH corrected (such a blast)

dhummm

Established Member
Thanks again guys, it does pretty good. The incar section is about 2/3 of the run (approx 1.7 miles). I cut some out to shorten up the vid, it was too long to post on photobucket. There are two other 03/04 Cobras that beat me at the autoX. I'm still trying to get my arms around driving it, it's better than I am.... Last weekend I broke the top of my strut off braking really hard with sticky tires on it (bummer). The good news besides no to much other damage is I got to drive a Viper for three runs, a mini & a 325is. The autoX group is a great bunch, helped trailer my car home and let me drive their cars, pretty cool bunch.

Ralph-

Users who are viewing this thread