Not open for further replies.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Not degreed yet? Or engine not at TDC

Last edited:

yfzkevin

Established Member
That wasnt at tdc. I lined up all the marks and got the marks on the chains to match with the marks on the gears. So it should be good to go

cobra=trouble

Established Member
my name is GARY, I'am an addict ,I see you're an addict too.
nice i will be looking in on you from time to time!

Last edited:

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
Bro you better enjoy that 3.4 whipple!! hopefully when we both get our builds finished we can meet up at mustang week at myrtle beach or so with your insane whipple build and my insane.... hidden build :p

Hopefully the whipple is there tomorrow!

lguizar12

Established Member
that awesome kevin!!! been longer process than you planned but its almost all done!!! ill be rolling with you to RET ahha

GodStang

Established Member
What heads and cams and Throttle Body did you go with? The heads and cams look stock. If they are you are going to leave a TON of power on the table with your setup. You should still make 800-825rwhp on that much boost. The 3.4L is the best blower to run that much boost. Good luck with the build should be interesting to see how your numbers compare to mine.

mtnrunner

Established Member
Stock heads and cams. The same enormous throttle body that comes with the crusher kit. We for sure understand that the heads and cams are going to leave a bunch of power on the table but those are just hard parts that cost money. nothing that cant be added later but even 800-825whp will be plenty. if the car makes more its not like we are not going to be stoked but 800whp is already a ton of power for a street car.

GodStang

Established Member
Stock heads and cams. The same enormous throttle body that comes with the crusher kit. We for sure understand that the heads and cams are going to leave a bunch of power on the table but those are just hard parts that cost money. nothing that cant be added later but even 800-825whp will be plenty. if the car makes more its not like we are not going to be stoked but 800whp is already a ton of power for a street car.

It will for sure be badass. I was not trying to be a debbie downer. I was just trying to let you know what to expect. I sure hope you do hit the 900s and I am wrong. Any idea when you look to be done?

mtnrunner

Established Member
I completely understand where you are coming from and appreciate any input. I dont want to jinx it but the car should be running in about a week then it needs a good break in. Ideally the car will be broken in, tuned on corn and making big numbers by the FFF meet in april but there is still a lot of loose ends to tie up on such a big build so no promises.

yfzkevin

Established Member
Little update on my end. I ran into a few problems on the build. I broke my crank pulley that bolts to the crank. Ordered one on saturday but then found out from ford they ordered the wrong one. So we cancelled that order and they had the right one instock. So I ordered that this morning and have it shipped overnight to me. The build is still on schedule to be fired up this weekend. There are still alot of loose ends to finish up but I have a buddy coming into town this weekend (aka mntrunner) to help me finish it all weekend. Hopefully monday morning it goes in to get a full new 3" exhaust all the way back from the headers.

One other problem I ran into was there was some stand offs in the valley of the motor that were not allowing me to bolt the lower intake down to the motor so I need to grind them down a little. I talked to my motor build and they said that was just fine. So I will be doing that when I get home tonight and hopefully finishing up alot more of the lose ends. Hopefully thursday/friday I get everything else up and going on the car and she is she can start up. I am crossing my fingers and praying to the motor gods that everything works out just fine. I want to finish this build and get it broken in so I can get it dynoed and make it to the FFF at Knotts Berry Farm on April 10th. Its getting close but I got some time and things are looking good.

yfzkevin

Established Member
Dont you worry Mike you will probably be the only other person I will let drive it. Can wait till you come home man

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
Mike in Minot huh? I love all this talk of e85 3.4 whipples, im heading to my tuning date Tuesday, assuming when i fire my motor off tomorrow night everything is as it should be. I am non crusher, however I'm hoping for at least 750 with the fuel pumps/injectors being my limiting factor.

Im assuming you're at the air force base? If you get bored up there come on down to Bismarck and hit me up, we got a small little Mustang crew down here that pretty much owns the streets of this shithole. lol

Kevin, cant wait to see your results!!!

mtnrunner

Established Member
^^^^ damn, where is the super like button!? Bachmeier, mike (04yfzkid) is more into the offroad and diesel thing with his basically wannabe race truck ranger (haha) and his diesel that he is getting read to put a ginourmous compound turbo setup on but he is still into this crap.

As far as progress goes i will update the thread with pics after the weekend but the fuel system is in, wired, and mostly plumbed. the blower is bolted on and torqued down with all the bolts, the injectors and fuel rails are on. the plugs are in the motor, almost every plug that needs to go on is connected. we just need to figure out how to get the IAC, TPS, and the injectors all to plug in and be happy with the crusher inlet, also put the throttle body and intake on. plus plumb the pcv system to the catch can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread