03's first mods came today!!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
My first mods came in today to my dorm room. I got my magnaflow catback, k&n complete intake with heatshield and mass air, from a guy on the inside.... and my pro 5.0 shifter. I can't wait to get the dyno results, stock, then with each mod. I will post the results. I don't even know what the new mass air size is but it was dyno'd for good power, thats why I got it. I will do the dynoing when I go on Christmas break. I cant wait. Wish me luck.

A's Cobra

Established Member
PIC's Please of the K&N complete intake with heat shield and mass air PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Brad

Banned
damn. We have almost the same cars. 98.5 contour 2001 cobra, and a 2003. Too bad I sold everything but the 03:-D

SVTdubs

Established Member
The K&N won't be installed till Christmas break. I am in Indiana actually for college. I play D1 baseball for the University of Evansville. It is in the Missouri Valley Conference. I WILL get pics, and dyno of all parts when I get back home. I have the SVT Contour down here, the Cobra is parked. I got the K&N from the dealer we got the car from. The guy we bought the car from works for a performance company, who dyno's products and then lets them out to the market. I will talk to him later this week to see what the mass air size is, and how much the K&N and mass air gave them on the dyno when they tested it. I will keep you all posted!!!

Last edited:

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Wow....I admire your courage for having the car while in college..........I would probably fail out of college driving the Cobra all the time or the women magnetically attracted to it...which probably happens EVERYDAY !!....
It does down here ....HAHAHA
Congrats !
Good Luck Next Season !!
Maybe when you're in "The Show" we can say we remember you on SVT Performance......HAHAHA .......Aim High !!

SVTdubs

Established Member
I have no idea if its the same one. I don't even know the size of the filter. I hope its a 12in. That would make my day. All I know is it was supposed to dyno higher than anything yet. Something crazy like 25whp or something. Iwill soon find out. I think the K&N should be available to the public pretty soon. The guy said the first few have been ordered from him. Me and like 4 others I think. I don't know for sure. Sould be nice!!!

broeli

Established Member
How do you have 3 SVT's at 18yo and in college? Just curious. I was happy to have ONE Mustang when I was in college...and it wasn't new.

SVTdubs

Established Member
Grandparents put $5,000 in a junk bond when I was born. I got the money when I was 17 and invested the remainder of what I did not spend. I only spend 25 k for a new 99 Cobra vert. I got it in 2000 with 2800 miles, while working at turtle wax car wash getting tips, appx $17 per hr. Then I sold the Cobra cuz 140 a WEEK was too much, and I got the SVT Contour. The 03 came as a complete surprise. The insurance on an 03 is more than the 99...ya think.. So I got hooked up through insurance through out college by my dads company. I got an 80% scholorship so the money is kinda mine. haha I know Im lucky as hell, but noone give me the, "your daddy gave it to you" shit. People say that to me all the time. I get hooked up with audio, and car parts through random people. It looks like I spend a lot, but I don't. I work hard for what I have so lets all just enjoy our 03's!!!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
I got an 80% scholorship so the money is kinda mine.

I'm sure you work your a$$ off, both studying and playing, I know I did. You deserve your new baby, enjoy it :beer:
jason

Users who are viewing this thread