03GT vs GTO

ChrisP14

Established Member
On the way to the bowling alley i just happened to encounter a GTO (5.7). My buddy didn't want to run him so i jumped out in front just to see if he would do anything, i figured what the heck if he beats me he doesn't have much to be proud about. I got the hit and he dropped the hammer soon after we ran up to about 100 and we were dead even. Here is a video my buddy took.

PLZ disregard all the babbling and there is a little foul language so take the proper precautions.
th_87e968f4.jpg

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
My girlfriend ran someone in a 5.7 GTO the other day and hung with him. She has an 02 GT completely stock. I figured the GTO would smoke her, but that wasn't the case.

The GTO was riding her ass REAL close for about 5 miles which was really pissing her off. When the road finally opened up into 4 lanes, the GTO went to pass. As soon as my girl saw this, she nailed it. She hung right there with him all the way up to 120 when she finally let off.

Scared the crap out of me. Going fast feels a lot different when you're the passenger.

RealQuick

Established Member
Good kill. :D

Looks like you jumped at the beginning and then looked like you got off it as the GTO was going by.

Bluegoat06

Cam Only LS2 Powered
Established Member
should be a driver race with an S195 GT, but the 5.7 should pull top end. as always, you never know how good or bad the other driver would be, the video doesn't really tell a lot about the race because the angle is pretty bad, it looks like the stang took the jump in the beginning, and the GTO was playing catch up, can't tell too much cause the camera car was pretty slow, the GT encountered some traffic and the GTO went flyby, not too much can be said from such angle...

ChrisP14

Established Member
Bluegoat06 said:
should be a driver race with an S195 GT, but the 5.7 should pull top end. as always, you never know how good or bad the other driver would be, the video doesn't really tell a lot about the race because the angle is pretty bad, it looks like the stang took the jump in the beginning, and the GTO was playing catch up, can't tell too much cause the camera car was pretty slow, the GT encountered some traffic and the GTO went flyby, not too much can be said from such angle...

yeah the angle is crappy i know. The only time i give my friend my camera is the only time im goin to encounter someone that will run.:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread