03 whippled DSG vert in Fl

granny03

Established Member
Well after everything I have done to the car in the last few months. I have made the decision to put it up for sale again to free up some money. I am the third owner and the car has a clean title. The car is 03 dsg convertable. with 50,9xx miles. The car has been babied for the 3 years that I owned it,never abused or tracked and the oil was changed every 3 months(Mobil 1 5w20) and always garaged. The whipple 2.3 gen 2 (bought new)has only been on the car for about 2 months and less than 400 miles on it. It was tuned by Brad at XXX motorsports in Pensacola and put down 575/575.
The car is a 9/10 exterior and 9.0/10 interior. The drivers seat does have some wear but is still in great condition. Other than the seat the interior is in great shape. As for the exterior. It has some very minor scratches and a small door ding in the passenger side door aswell as some rock chips on the hood. But the paint is in great condition. The rims are in very good condition although there are a couple very minor scratches on them. I would give them a 9/10
I do not have to sell the car so no lowball offers please.only serious buyers. And I will not serperate parts or sell just the rims and NO trades asking $17,000 if intrested please call 850-758-8663 ask for Jeff

***edited cbarile stoped by the house today to look at the cobra. He pointed out to me that the car has been in an accident. He noticed a weld under the hood and is no longer interested. I have always knew it was there but due no the clean carfax I really thought nothing of it. I do not want to hide anything from anyone or try to be sneaky. because of me knowing this now I have decided to drop the price of the car. I still need to sell it but I am in no position to lose any money guys. I would rather keep it than sell it for $14,000 or $15,000. If anyone is still interested in the cobra knowing this please feel free to contact me and cbarile also said you can contact him if you would like to talk to him aswell. And thanks for looking

vin#1FAFP49Y83F408159
list of mods
whipple 2.3 with 3 inch pulley.
60# injectors
accufab single blade throttle body
mafia
K/B BAP
JLT cai
Billet flow ider pulluys
SCT hand held tuner
SSR GT3'S 18x10.5 rear Nitto 555 305/35/18 (1,500 miles)and 18x9.5 nitto 555 265/35/18 front
Wrinkle black powder coated valve covers
H&R sport springs
bassani exhaust (polished)
Hilton boost overlay 20 plus #'S
rear bumper inserts
smoked headlights
taillight overlays
Egr delete
MM caster camber plates
nkg tr6 plugs
cobra004.jpg

cobra005.jpg

cobra015.jpg

cobra014.jpg

cobra007.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

rims003.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:

granny03

Established Member
deal fell through guys. Car is back on the market. And please read the new part of the thread after ****edited

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
why a damn vert! i've been looking for a dsg, i'm about to sell my truck but all i find are nice verts! need a hard top! weld wouldn't bother me at all and its in my range but i need a hard top damn it........frustrating lol

granny03

Established Member
why a damn vert! i've been looking for a dsg, i'm about to sell my truck but all i find are nice verts! need a hard top! weld wouldn't bother me at all and its in my range but i need a hard top damn it........frustrating lol

I hear ya bud. I was looking for a coupe also and settled for the vert. and ended up very happy in the end. but they are not for everyone. good luck with your search.

maple

Established Member
I'll be back in touch tomorrow, jeff. (the guy from georgia you just got off the phone with)

granny03

Established Member
Ok,I just got back fom the body here in town to have them look at the weld. The owner of the body shop looked at the car and said he see's no signs of the car being in an accident. he thinks for some reason the weld was done from the factory.

cbarile

Established Member
Ok,I just got back fom the body here in town to have them look at the weld. The owner of the body shop looked at the car and said he see's no signs of the car being in an accident. he thinks for some reason the weld was done from the factory.

I too was all over this car with a flashlight and saw no damage to the radiator core support (except the weld) or anything on the unibody being wrinkled and pulled with a frame machine. I am a 41 year old man that is EXTREMELY meticulous and looking for a garage queen. This car is a steal for the regular guy looking to buy a driving cobra. You could sell the rims and new blower and be in the car for 11,xxx. This is truly a no brainer.

granny03

Established Member
I too was all over this car with a flashlight and saw no damage to the radiator core support (except the weld) or anything on the unibody being wrinkled and pulled with a frame machine. I am a 41 year old man that is EXTREMELY meticulous and looking for a garage queen. This car is a steal for the regular guy looking to buy a driving cobra. You could sell the rims and new blower and be in the car for 11,xxx. This is truly a no brainer.

Thanks Chris, glad to see you made it home ok

corysmach1

Established Member
To be 100% honest I think my cobra had the same weld but I cant remember i would be all over this car if it was 3 months from now!!! Amazing deal and beautiful car....good luck with the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread