03 Whipple Cobra; First kills of 11'

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I just took the car out from hibernation, on my way to the gym I was on the highway when an Evo VIII pulled right up behind me. Traffic was kind of thick so I just kept it @ 70mph for a mile or so. Finally I moved over and he got up beside me and spooled up his turbo a few tiimes to let me know its on (LOUD turbo, this thing was defintly modded). So he sped off and weaved in and out traffic (not my cup of tea so I just held back). About a mile down the highway I caught up to him with nobody infront of us. I was @ 55mph and dropped it down to 2nd, he just took off... and pulled about a car before I nailed it the tires didn't grip one bit (bald 275s... 335 BFGs are on the way :rockon: ) at this point I was still about a car behind. I shifted into 3rd and had to feather it, I was now about a half a car ahead when at the end of 3rd I caught full traction and started pulling. Banged 4th gear and by mid way through 4th had about 5 cars on him at least.

Now on the way home from the gym, I saw a nice Porsche merge onto the highway. We were side by side for about 2 miles, he tapped the throttle a few times and so did I... but traffic was too heavy to go through the gears. Finally we got infront of the traffic, and he nailed it (I was not expecting it) si I quickly threw it into 3rd and got ZERO traction... he just drove off on me. I thought for a second "Wow, that thing is fast... but I want a REAL shot at it". Pulled up on him again, this time I was already in 3rd gear @ about 70mph. I let him get the jump, the tires spun for just a second and then this porsche was all mine. By the end of 3rdI had 2 cars on him, by the end of 4th I had about 6-7 cars on him. Guy stayed way back. I wasn't sure what kind of porcshe this was, it was debadged, defintly had a turbo and loud exhaust. Got a thumbs up from the porcshe guy... the EVO guy just looked straight ahead.

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
Nice kills.

+1 Nice kills . I saw a GT3 on the highway today. I pulled up next to him and made sure he heard my supercharger. He kept looking over at me but wouldn't give me a race. I haven't had a race yet with my Cobra. But I will be posting up the results of a race I'm going to have with my friends C5 Zo6 when I smash him.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Nice kills man, sounds like your car is running like a champ. I have a feeling it was a 996 Turbo by the sound of how hard you pulled on him.

Users who are viewing this thread