03 w/ solid axle...gears 373, 410, 430?

yellowz06killer

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra and were pushing some HP breaking stuff and all that. I have a solid axle on order but I don't know what gear to go with....when answering this keep in mind that I might get a Kenne bell supercharger.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I would say 3:73 or the new 3:90 gear. 410's or 430's would be too much with a KB blower or stock blower for that matter IMO. If it were me though, 3:73 it would be!!

03DOHC

Established Member
What are you going to do with the car? Street/Strip, street tires only, strip and slicks only?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by yellowz06killer
I don't know what size to get
The reason I'm asking is because if you gear it too much you'll have to shift to 5th before the end of the 1/4. I haven't run the numbers through my program yet for the KB supercharger, but for a chipped, pullied, exhaust, intake, MAFed '03 Cobra, with stock height tires, 3.90's wind out great.

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I'm am looking VERY seriously at the Moser 3.90s; but, I have one reservation that hope someone could answer since we are on the this topic again:

What shimming has to be done to the Moser's. With the Ford gears, I have never had to shim them, and they work great. I would hesitate to go with the Moser's if they fit like Richmond gears.

Users who are viewing this thread