03 vs 360 spider

konakimo

Established Member
I was out looking for new digs (apt) when this white m3 get on my rear, so I speed up and move over, lowered and looked like 19"s very sweet and then he exits (DAMM) the roadway (small frwy w/in neighborhood) oh well, look in rearview and there it is, red 360 spider one car back in the other lane, look back again and hes on me as*, I speed up a little to give him some passing room and he goes for it, shoots around me, Im in 3rd at 60, by the time I hit it I can see his back wheel at my front bumper and I thinking its over, but the boost kicks in and now im starting to catch up :eek: just as my front bumper hit almost dead even with his the guy slams on the brakes hard & comes into my lane about 12"s (very top of 3rd gear) so I do the same, he slows down to 50 and I stay he hell away from him, the roadway leads into downtown and at the first red light were side by side, he pops open the cell and wont even look over, he looked to be around late 20s early 30s, He was going down :burnout: :) . sorry about the length.

doogz

Established Member
I wonder what the hell he was doing? Was there a car in front of him he was trying to avoid? :confused:

konakimo

Established Member
9" K&N, mag. C/B, every else is susp. related. Its a three lane wide closed road (3' tall walls), there was a small curve in the road (very small) and long, as we hit the curve he hit the brakes hard and came over ? I was not happy :bash:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by konakimo
...Im in 3rd at 60, by the time I hit it I can see his back wheel at my front bumper and I thinking its over, but the boost kicks in and now im starting to catch up...

You make it sound like you have to build boost. :shrug: At 60 in 3rd, as soon as you hit the throttle the boost will peg.

Good run.

konakimo

Established Member
ok I will go with that, But what rpm range would you be in at 60 mph in 3rd gear, low end of the tach, so maybe I should have said until my RPMs were high enough to give me the torque #s required to (almost) pass a 360 spider :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread