03 VIN numbers are being issued...

fangstang

Established Member
I spoke to my salesman today to see if he got the vin# or Prod. date and said that none of the cars they have on order have recieved them yet. He said that they should be seeing the cars at the dealership in early June. I sure hope so, this waiting is killing me!

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Just a consideration.... I doubt that every car that has a build date of 5/6 will roll out at the end of the week. There always seems to be problems during the first week which pushes the schedule out. Mine is supposed to be built on the week of the 13th but I bet I don't see the car until the middle or late June....

:read:

svtduck

Established Member
Man, having an upshift light on the dash sure beats the stupid skip shift that Chevy put on the C5. That is a total pain in the rear.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by svtduck
Man, having an upshift light on the dash sure beats the stupid skip shift that Chevy put on the C5. That is a total pain in the rear.

I would rather have the Vette setup - it took me 4 mins to study the schematic, 1 minute to jack up the car, and 30 seconds to disconnect the upshift connector. Permanent solution - no light to have to mess with - God I hope it ain't so.

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03

I would rather have the Vette setup - it took me 4 mins to study the schematic, 1 minute to jack up the car, and 30 seconds to disconnect the upshift connector. Permanent solution - no light to have to mess with - God I hope it ain't so.

Yes there will be an upshift light. It was a compomise to save us money on the gas guzzler tax. It actually saved us $1700. I'm sure like any light it can be disconnected. Each 03 has a $1000 gas guzzler tax built into it. Don't let the dealer try and add it after the fact. With a 16/24 rating it falls just under 1MPG short of the required 22.5 to avoid the tax, otherwise the car would be 1K less.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Weasel

Established Member
I just spoke with my salesman and he told me that the build date for my silver coupe is 5/20/02. I imagine that I'll see it mid-June.

Users who are viewing this thread