03 v Turbo Civic Si

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I was on the freeway (91 E from 605) early this evening, when this blue Civic Si pulls up next to me. It was a mid '90s model, about 2 body-styles ago. I don't know exactly what the "Si" adds. So, I looked over, and it was a couple kids (~20). The driver motioned, "wanna run?" I figured what the hell, and dropped into 4th. It was about a 75 roll, and I floored it. I pulled, but not nearlly as much as I was expecting. Maybe I should have tried 3rd. Anyway, by ~110, I had about 4-5 lengths on him. I slowed down and he caught up. I rolled down my window, and I could hear something funny, so I asked what he had done. He said turbo. He asked if I was stock. I said, "No, I've got mods." I tried to ask him how much boost he was running, but he wanted to run again. So, I dropped into 3rd this time, and asked if he was ready, yup. 60 roll, now we're talkin. I pulled instantly and hard. By about 110, I had 8-10 lengths, and just had enough room to make it off my exit. They gave a wave as they past and I was on my way.

I was a little surprised at the first race. I'm guessing he wasn't running a ridiculously high amount of boost, or it might have been a little closer.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Well, I guess the first run might have been different had I been in 3rd, cause when I got to the top end of 4th, I was pulling hard. It was fun though. That was my first race with all the mods.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Man i dont believe u :nono:

Trying to follow u is hard work bro :nonono:
Well at least u were nice enough to keep it slow the last time out :D

Were they Asian?
Hey lets bust Robert. (cali region). Home boy dont know how to invite :bash:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Man i dont believe u :nono:

Trying to follow u is hard work bro :nonono:
Well at least u were nice enough to keep it slow the last time out :D

Were they Asian?
Hey lets bust Robert. (cali region). Home boy dont know how to invite :bash:

They were hispanic. He was a cool kid though. I mean w/ enough $ and effort any car can be fast. With more work that Si could very well be a mean ass car.

Users who are viewing this thread