'03 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Vert FS

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Well, it's finally come time to sell my '03 cobra. :( Here are the details. I am the original owner who purchased the car in Sept 03. It's a torch red 10th anniversary convertible with 20,855 adult driven miles. This car has never been driven in the rain or even been outside in the rain with the exception of when it was on the dealer lot previously to me buying it!! Garage kept and covered with Evolution Covercraft custom fit car cover from mid November to Spring time with a battery tender hooked up. Only taken out when all the salt was washed off the roads in late spring and only driven on 0% chance of rain days! LOL No dings, dents, scratches etc. Replaced OEM tires with BFG G-Force T/A KD tires that currently have ~ 40% tread left @ 11,167 miles. This car has never seen the track, only occassional spirited street driving! The only mods I have done to the car are as follows:

1) Kenne Bell CAI @ 940 miles
2) Accufab T/B w/ported plenum @ 2323 miles
3) Bassani X-pipe w/high flow cats and Borla Stinger Cat Back @ 2540 miles
4) Hans Racecraft full length powdercoated SFC's @ 6026 miles
5) MGW shifter w/blue handle @ 6545 miles

I only used Amsoil 5W-20 oil after the motor was broke in @ 4900 miles and typically only changed it once/year in the spring before I took the car out for the first time due to the limited miles I put on the car each year. Changed tranny fluid @ 4931 miles also. I did all the work on this car from the mods to routine servicing so it has never been to a dealer or speed shop. I even purchased the Accelerator Pedal Shield from Ford and installed it myself so I would not have to take it to the dealer for that TSB Safety Recall! All records of this I have written in a booklet showing date, mileage, part description and prices I paid for parts. Also, all original literature including sales receipt, brochures, SVT certificates, etc I have in a booklet to go to new owner. Since I feel the car is in excellent condition and in as/new condition both on top and underneath with tasteful/limited mods I am asking $26,000 OBO. I do have an enclosed trailer that I can deliver the car to your door for an agreed upon additional expense. My contact info is as follows: 570-234-6513 (C), 570-992-7114 (H), [email protected] (e-mail), and of course PM. Thanks for reading..........Barry :)

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I just sold my 10th Torch Red Vert with 49K miles and outfitted nicely for $19K. Mine was a 3 owner southern car, so your car is priced way high. You could buy low mileage twin screws for less than you are asking, just my .02

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Don't listen to the tire kickers that come in here low balling your car. 99.9% of them are broke as a joke and have no means to buy your car.
Last time I checked you can ask whatever YOU want for your car. Sonds like a fair price for an original owner properly modified, and well taken car of 03 Cobra.
Unless you're desparate to dump your car I would stick to your asking price, let the low ballers go buy the lived in Cobras that have been hacked up, rode hard and put away wet.
Please post some pics of your car. I am going to forward this to a friend who is in the market for a very well kept car like yours.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Don't listen to the tire kickers that come in here low balling your car. 99.9% of them are broke as a joke and have no means to buy your car.
Last time I checked you can ask whatever YOU want for your car. Sonds like a fair price for an original owner properly modified, and well taken car of 03 Cobra.
Unless you're desparate to dump your car I would stick to your asking price, let the low ballers go buy the lived in Cobras that have been hacked up, rode hard and put away wet.
Please post some pics of your car. I am going to forward this to a friend who is in the market for a very well kept car like yours.
Thanks for the feedback. Since I'm old school and fairly computer illiterate, I'll have my son take some pics and I'll post them ASAP. I just sent him an e-mail to come by the house in the next day or so to help me do this. All I can say is whoever buys this car will not be disappointed because I'm very anal and the description in my post of the car is totally accurate!

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I have the money and feel its a tad too high as well, but OP is free to ask what he wants

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
from one 10th owner to another....definitly don't compromise on price. 26k for a VERY lightly modded 10th Vert is fair

I'd recomend posting pic's and good luck with the sale

fastcarjoe

Established Member
Its one of 369 cars built, if it's pristine, I'd wait to get what you want. You have a RARE car. I'm trying to trade mine and I don't even want to deal with the money because of all these brokeass tire kickers. Someone out there is going to want a torch red 10th anniversary vert. The seats match the paint so well and it's a striking car, just gorgeous. Hold the line!

PhotoReflect - Powerhead Productions - killboy.com

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Its one of 169 cars built, if it's pristine, I'd wait to get what you want. You have a RARE car. I'm trying to trade mine and I don't even want to deal with the money because of all these brokeass tire kickers. Someone out there is going to want a torch red 10th anniversary vert. The seats match the paint so well and it's a striking car, just gorgeous. Hold the line!

PhotoReflect - Powerhead Productions - killboy.com

I didn't want to say anything to you...as I saw your other post...but just so you know..its one of 369 ...not 169

Terminator Production Numbers

spincobra03

Established Member

First off the guy asked for feedback as he was wondering if his price was too high, so im not sure who was low balling or kicking tires?? It was just his opinion. If you go by KBB or NADA then yes his price would be considered high, it all depends on what, you as the buyer and you as the seller feel is a fair price for the car. I always think that you should never tell a poster his price is too high unless they ask for input on their price. Good luck on your sale

Users who are viewing this thread